This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overdramatic

Guest: Dave, I need help. I am renting through one of your competitors but they dont have a concierge service and I need a recommendation for a private chef who can prepare authentic local cuisine and I also need someone who can set up a buffet

Me: we dont have a concierge but I will see what I can find for you

Guest: are you just picking something out of the phone book?

Me: well yes ma'am

Guest: well I can do that.....I need a personal recommendation here with some real insight

Me: I dont have a personal recommendation

Guest: so what do I do?

Me: I can give you a number to call

Guest: oh never mind, I cant believe nobody will help us....we will just figure it out

She calls back later in tears

Guest: Dave, I am begging you.......I need you to find a local chef that someone can personally recommend. My family is looking forward to a buffet with freshly prepared local cuisine. Can nobody help us?

Me: we dont have a concierge

Guest: of course not, it's just our vacation, who cares? You know what, we are packing up the car and going back to Illinois...this is so horrible the way we are being treated. I feel like am a burden to you all and I am a customer. I shouldnt feel that way.

brief silence

Guest: this is where you assure me I am not a burden

Me: I do apologize

Guest: you know what piss off, we are leaving and we are never coming back. Goodbye

First off, I am sorry about fellow statespeople. We are not all like that. Second, wtf? Just because you work/live in that area, does not mean you know every single restaurant or shopping place intimately.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I am renting through one of your competitors
      What gets me is the fact that they expected you to do it even though they were renting elsewhere. You were looking something up out of the goodness of your heart and they still ranted and complained. The cheek of some people!

Comment

I take it that must be someone from one of those "John Hughes" type Chicago suburbs.

Heh. You can pay someone damn good money to clean your pool and manicure your lawn but I'll be damn straight to hell if you can EVER pay me enough to kiss your ass.

Comment

Quoth Sabbarin View Post
          What gets me is the fact that they expected you to do it even though they were renting elsewhere.
          Yeah, that's really unbelievable.
          Some people.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

ditto on the competitor comment WTF.

Plus I don't know what these people expect us to do once we say we can't help. You literally didn't have a person there to make a reccomendation. What was crying about it supposed to accomplish?

It's like these people think that everytime we say no, it's just to screw with them and that enough screaming or crying will wear us down and really make us do our jobs.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              Yeah, that's really unbelievable.
              Some people.
              Agreed. I really wouldn't wanna be Dave.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

These people have some pretty freaking high expectations if something that simple ruins their vacation. Hell, I remember a vacation as a teen where I lost my glasses running on the beach, and the surf carried them out to sea. Fortunately my uncle's prescription was close enough to mine so I wore his regular glasses during the day while he wore his sunglasses. At night, I had to wear the sunglasses. Did that ruin my or my family's vacation? Hell no. Still makes one hell of a 'Do you remember..?' story for laughs and I still remember it well. Another vacation the car was nearly wrecked and our camper ended up with dents in it when it hydroplaned on wet roads. Did that ruin it? Nope. Yet another memorable vacation. If I ever get so pampered that I need a private chef to fix my dinners and pack up and go home without getting one, I hope someone would shoot me for my own good.
                A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

You're nicer than me, I would have laughed in her face. She's not even staying with your company.
                  "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

If I'd have needed a private chef, I'd have booked him/her well in advance. Not while I was on my holiday.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Guest: Dave, I need help. I am renting through one of your competitors
                      Count me in on the renting from somewhere else bandwagon. But that's normal. some morons want me to help them even though they don't cable service with us and they have antennas.

I'm sorry but when customers get all blubbery and use terms like "you don't care about me", "i guess you want me to go to your competitor". I roll my eyes. Overdramatic is correct.

And sometimes I will offer customers a credit and the first words out of their mouths is "what you are trying to say is that you don't want my service!"

Guest: of course not, it's just our vacation, who cares? You know what, we are packing up the car and going back to Illinois...this is so horrible the way we are being treated. I feel like am a burden to you all and I am a customer. I shouldnt feel that way.
                      I would have told her that "YOU ARE NOT EVEN A CUSTOMER OF OURS ANYWAYS!" Dumbass!

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                        ...this is so horrible the way we are being treated. I feel like am a burden to you all and I am a customer. I shouldnt feel that way.

brief silence

Guest: this is where you assure me I am not a burden

Me: I do apologize

Guest: you know what piss off, we are leaving and we are never coming back. Goodbye
                        Burden? -- Yes, you are

Customer? -- No, you're not. You're somebody ELSE'S customer. We aren't taking your money, we don't even have to put up with your sh*click*

Her final comment pretty much cemented my suspicion that she was being melodramatic for the sake of being melodramatic. She was trying to get a service for FREE that fancy hotels provide to people who give THEM -- not other hotels -- large amounts of money...
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Others have probably said it before me, but there is no way I could do your job VRS. Just reading your stories makes me want to fly over there to smack the stupid out of these people!
                          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I'd have told that biatch:

"Oh? Is that so? Well, being that you're renting through one of my competitors.. you're not my customer... so... Leave! I feel sorry for the people of IL because you have to go back there, but if that means a competitor losing money, I'm all for it! Leave! I don't want to hear you on my phone or see you in person ever in my life! Your absence in my life is a complete gratuitous service to me and I'm grateful for it. Here, let me get you started...." **click!**
                            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                              You're nicer than me, I would have laughed in her face. She's not even staying with your company.
                              Agreed. Why should she expect you to help her when she's not even renting from you in the first place. I would have told her to call the people who they are renting from, and hung up.

Is it just me, or does it seem like people are getting worse with entitlement issues these days?
                              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
                              X