This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he is an asshole to put it nicely

Guest: yea Dave, I noticed the rate has dropped online since I made my reservation so I need to be refunded the difference

Me: well you're coming in two weeks. I cant do that

Guest: well can I cancel and rebook?

Me: you can but you would forfeit what you've paid

Guest: well thats not fair

Me: I cant reduce your rate

Guest: well can you call the owner?

Me: no sir

Guest: then you will hear from my lawyer

Me: I dont think so, sir. Rates are subject to change

Guest: well buddy, I gotta tell you what you're doing is not right and I will go to the god damn supreme court if need be. I am not letting you get away with this

Me: well you can speak to my manager tommorow

Guest: no I can speak to your manager right now

Me: they arent here

Guest: WELL FUCKING CALL THEM

Me: stop cussing at me....they arent here

Guest: why cant you call them?

Me: because they are not here

Guest: well tommorow wont work, I am not pissed off tommorow, I am pissed off right now

Me: sorry

Guest: let me tell you something boy, I am a loyal customer and I dont deserve this. You need to consider that when you talk to folks because you have a shitty attitude and I dont appreciate it. I been there for 20 years and you need to learn some respect.

Me: ok

long silence then the call ends

What does this guy think the supreme courts going to do?? demand a refund for him??

Guest: yea dave, it appears i've shoved that stick way too far up my keister again and I need someone to adjust that for me.
    Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
      Guest: well tommorow wont work, I am not pissed off tommorow, I am pissed off right now
      Oh, gee, that makes ALL the difference! Hell, why didn't you say so in the first place? I'll call them right now because you're pissed off right now! After all, we wouldn't want anyone to miss out on having you spew and spit on them in your imitation of a constipated gorilla by waiting until tomorrow to talk to you. Oh golly gee, no, that's something that absolutely must be seen. Right now

Ass

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
      Guest: let me tell you something boy, I am a loyal customer and I dont deserve this. You need to consider that when you talk to folks because you have a shitty attitude and I dont appreciate it. I been there for 20 years and you need to learn some respect.

Respect is earned, sir. And you need to consider it is also a two way street. Perhaps you, too, could benefit from some learning. After all, you've been there for 20 years and have yet to grasp the concept of rates being subject to change, and reading fine print to understand cancellation/refund policies.

Oh, I forgot. You's a speshul snowflake wif all kinds of awesomeness, so you gets to has the world.

and again I say: Ass!

Comment

Actually, I don't think it's too out of line to ask for the rate to be lowered to the current rate, and I don't think it would have been good customer service if you'd just volunteered to ask your manager. Woulda saved you some grief too, VRS. If you'd just said "I'll pass along your request to the management" the call would have pretty much been over. It's management's job to take this kind of flack.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Actually, I don't think it's too out of line to ask for the rate to be lowered to the current rate, and I don't think it would have been good customer service if you'd just volunteered to ask your manager. Woulda saved you some grief too, VRS. If you'd just said "I'll pass along your request to the management" the call would have pretty much been over. It's management's job to take this kind of flack.

Actually (having worked as a concierge and dealt with some of these issues) Most places have a cut off period. I noticed Dave specifically said, 'you're coming in two weeks'. To me that says that the cut off period was probably either 21 or 30 days (which is the normal in my experience). When you book, they tell you (and on your confirmation as well) what the cut-off is for changes.
          Once that cut-off is hit, you forfeit if you change or cancel/no-show.

so Dave's response seemed reasonable to me. And once they pull the lawyer excretement, any inclination to help flies right out the window.
          Last edited by Teskeria; 07-04-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
            so Dave's response seemed reasonable to me. And once they pull the lawyer excretement, any inclination to help flies right out the window.
            Maybe reasonable, but why deal with it himself? As I said, that's what the management is for, especially once they start threatening with lawyers.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I can't believe that man had the audacity to call you "boy" like if you were his personal property. Money doesn't buy class, that's for sure.

Comment

Except his manager wasn't there, and Mr. Grumpygills is angry NOW, not tomorrow.

Also, it seems VRS has slipped into that wonderful mindset of Apathy. Helps ya get through the shitstorm of SCs and EWs.
                "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

He addresses you as boy while lecturing you on respect. Sweet!
                  Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Quoth Silas G. T. Brontë View Post
                    I can't believe that man had the audacity to call you "boy" like if you were his personal property.
                    Me either.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I believe it very much so.

Lots of older folks often still refer to younger men as "boy" around here. It has nothing to do with race or property, it's just what they were called when they were younger, and they won't get with the times.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The classic "return and rebook" loophole. They try to pull this EVERYWHERE. Unfortunately in retail it actually works and there's nothing we can do about it. drives me crazy.

Comment

Quoth Silas G. T. Brontë View Post
                          I can't believe that man had the audacity to call you "boy" like if you were his personal property. Money doesn't buy class, that's for sure.
                          There's one of my coworkers at Awesome cable (middle aged black guy) who got called "boy" when he was taking an escalated call. Had the perfect response too. Instead of continuing in his normally flawless English, he started talking like he was from the Congaree region of SC. "Yes suh, I's sorrah suh. I's ain't gwne talk at choo like dat again." Customer asked what the hell was wrong with him. His response? "Well, suh, you's call me boy likes I's a field ni***ah, I's figure I's ack like one fo' you." ((Yes, he was reprimanded. Yes, he's still with the company.))

I bring this up because that is the origin of "boy" here in SC, where VRS is.

Comment

I think.. (yes, sometimes).. that staying on and taking the crap can be more entertaining!!

Good call, VRS... and I totally understand it. It's the same with anything out there (as retail was mentioned). Sometimes prices change - you don't expect a refund automatically because you missed out on a sale (well, we don't - that's cos we don't suck!)

Jack_Doe - nice CW you had there!
                            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Guest: yea dave, it appears i've shoved that stick way too far up my keister again and I need someone to adjust that for me.
                              fu, that might take awhile, because the stick up his ass apparently has a stick up its ass and so forth.
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                              X