This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it bothers you, well thats too bad

Being the 4th of July Corp played Patriotic music along with our regular music. Some of the songs I heard were God Bless America, Anchors Away (NAVY), Wild Blue Yonder (USAF), From the Halls of Montezuma (USMC), Stars and Stripes Forever, God Bless the USA and Where The Stars & Stripes & The Eagle Fly.

One lady was not happy with this. Not at all.

SC: Hello!!!!
    Me: can I help you?
    SC: I have a problem.
    Me: Ok. What is you problem?
    SC: You music. Why are you playing this different music?
    Me: The patriotic music?
    SC: Yesssssssssss. I heard Stars and Stripes and all this stuff.
    Me: Well it is the 4th of July, Independence day which is a Federal Holiday.
    SC: So.
    Me: .......... *How do I respond to this? How!? I should note that the SC in question had no strange accent, actually almost a Boston accent.*
    SC: Well this is ridiculous. *stomps off and browses in my dept*

The next song played is Where The Stars & Stripes & The Eagle Fly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTKmjhJ1__o About two minutes into the song the SC looks at me with cat butt face an walks out but not before yelling. "I'm gong home to my nice quiet neighborhood near <location> and staying relaxing in my yard all day than going to bed."

Well i think the SC was i for a little surprise about 9:45. That is where <neighboring city> lunches the massive fireworks display. I happened to watch that from a much larger distance from SC areas and you could feel the thuds a few times. Sleep well.

Thanks to Google Maps I was about 2,250-500 ft. from the launch site. The SC was probably 800-1000 ft.
    Last edited by mattm04; 07-05-2009, 05:47 AM.

ahahahaha! Sounds like one of those people who go around during Christmas saying "why are you playing christmas music? Why are there christmas decorations??? I mean, i am a Christian, but what if i wasn't!?!?"

sigh. What if....you died in a fire? What if, huh?

Comment

In our staff canteen ,for some reason, they decided to celebrate 4th of July with burgers and other such food.
      My only question was "WHY" we're in England and we're celebrating Americas indpendance from WHOM,US yes us so why are we celebrating.
      As a side note did we celebrate St Georges day, did we flip
      "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
      set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
        we're in England and we're celebrating Americas indpendance from WHOM,US yes us so why are we celebrating
        I saw "happy We Gave The Colonials Freedom and Let Them Spell Things Wrong Day" on twitter.

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
          In our staff canteen ,for some reason, they decided to celebrate 4th of July with burgers and other such food.
          My only question was "WHY" we're in England and we're celebrating Americas indpendance from WHOM,US yes us so why are we celebrating.
          If they did that at my place I'd be annoyed. Somewhat.

Although, an old boss of mine celebrated the 3rd of July sometimes; "The last day of having to look after those yanks!".

Comment

I just adore folks who need a reason to complain, don't you?

I'm sure if you hadn't been playing that music, she'd have bitched about that.
            you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

You could have always gone for a double-whammy of "patriotic song" meets "semi-religious song" and blasted "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition"

(note -- Inspired by a man of the cloth, not written by one, contrary to popular legend. I recall hearing it sung in at least one WWII movie)
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                Well i think the SC was i for a little surprise about 9:45. That is where <neighboring city> lunches the massive fireworks display. I happened to watch that from a much larger distance from SC areas and you could feel the thuds a few times. Sleep well.
                Hee hee hee!!!! I hope she didn't get a wink of sleep last night.
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
                  You're celebrating "Thank God we got rid of those arseholes" Day!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And I wonder what kind of music stores should be playing today, on this Day of Disappointment?

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                      I saw "happy We Gave The Colonials Freedom and Let Them Spell Things Wrong Day" on twitter.
                      LOL!

Its sad that Im not english. I really like putting the letter U into all the good words.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                        Being the 4th of July Corp played Patriotic music along with our regular music. Some of the songs I heard were God Bless America, Anchors Away (NAVY), Wild Blue Yonder (USAF), From the Halls of Montezuma (USMC), Stars and Stripes Forever, God Bless the USA and Where The Stars & Stripes & The Eagle Fly.
                        It's actually a bit refreshing hearing the patriotic music considering the tripe they usually play.

Christmas songs are a whole different beast, though. I don't need to hear Mariah Carey violate the sound barrier.

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post

You are all celebrating because we are all quite the pain in the backside and you are very happy to be rid of us.
                          Tamezin

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
                            You are all celebrating because we are all quite the pain in the backside and you are very happy to be rid of us.
                            Until they need us... Sorry, couldn't resist that one

Seriously though, when I was on vacation last week, several tourists were a bit confused when all the red/white/blue banners and flags started showing up mid-way through the week. Still, I don't think they bitched--most were happy that drinks were cheaper
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                            X