This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I laughed at an SC

Guy calls in on our toll free reservation line last week, and everything starts out fine.
    He's polite, thick southern accent but understandable, wants to book 3 adjoining double-rooms for the 4th of July weekend.

Then all of a sudden he shifts into super-grumpy-angry-old-man mode, and screams into my ear:

"And you listen here, Sonny, I won't be paying a cent over $50 a room"

I couldn't help myself. I laughed at him. He hung up.

In this town, on this weekend, you'd be very hard-pressed to find a room at triple that price. For $50, you could get a cot at the Salvation Army, or maybe a shared room at a hostel.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

"And you listen here, Sonny, I won't be paying a cent over $50 a room"
    i'd have laughed too, then told him, "good luck with that, but you won't be staying here, sir." then wait for his response, which would have been even funnier.

sorry, this isn't 1950, 1960 or even 1970; it's 2009 and you'll be lucky to get that reservation for $200 per room on off season.

oh, and bread isn't $.10 anymore, either, it's $2.79 or more, pops.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

What a cheapskate. Even Motel 6's cheapest rate hovers around $50 per night.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
        . For $50, you could get a cot at the Salvation Army.
        Nah...cots at the Salvy are free! You even get a meal in the morning!!!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

$50 on a HOLIDAY weekend? Geez, makes me wonder what he would pay normally!
          "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

$50 for a room?! He'll be able to find that if he was able to warp his ass back to 1969.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Here I thought I was doing damned well to get $67 a night in East Bay for Pride weekend... you know, 30+ miles away from the actual festival... in the not best of areas... hell, for Victoria BC I'd think I was doing damned good for less than $100
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                Nah...cots at the Salvy are free! You even get a meal in the morning!!!
                Not around here they aren't. AFAIK, they charge $15/night, not sure if that includes a meal, shower is $5 extra. Also, they won't give you a tax deductable receipt for donating clothing/furniture.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                Here I thought I was doing damned well to get $67 a night in East Bay for Pride weekend... you know, 30+ miles away from the actual festival... in the not best of areas... hell, for Victoria BC I'd think I was doing damned good for less than $100
                You would be. My rack rates right now are about $140/night single, $160/night double, (all beds are king sized.) Best way to get a deal: Ask a 3.5 star hotel to price match a 2 star. Most of the time, we'll do it.
                Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  i'd have laughed too, then told him, "good luck with that, but you won't be staying here, sir." then wait for his response, which would have been even funnier.

sorry, this isn't 1950, 1960 or even 1970; it's 2009 and you'll be lucky to get that reservation for $200 per room on off season.

oh, and bread isn't $.10 anymore, either, it's $2.79 or more, pops.

WHHHATTTTTTT BREAD went up from a nickle??????????? but but but.......
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                  X