This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, we will not watch your bag!

So this guy (early 20s) came into the store carrying a large black garbage bag. Based on the shapes of the contents pressed against the plastic it appeared to contain electronics. He asked if he could put it behind the counter and if we'd watch it while because he had to "go to work" and he'd be back after his shift was over. He claimed he "just bought a new computer". Yeah right . Dump your stash somplave else!
    Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

With all the furor of 'unattended luggage' in the airports, what made that dumbass think you'd just casually allow him to store something that could've easily contained a bomb? Not saying it did, but the possibility is here.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

In an airport that would have been blown up by the police!
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

have to say I wasn't there, but i was told this one.

Man comes in carrying a bag, goes up to the animal units. The staff think nothing of it, it's saturday and they are busy. SD sees him leave and says to SA "didn't he have a bag when he came in" They investigate and beside the rabbit cage is a large carrier bag with a box in. A little unnerved they have a closer look, and inside the box (inside the carrier bag!) is the most adorable guinea pig! The man obviously didn't want the piggie anymore, wanted it to be looked after and abandoned it in a plastic bag! good grief! How did he know we weren't just going to throw it in the bin? By the way, the first thing the girls thought was 'bomb', the second thought was 'another phsyco with a dead animal'

guinea has since been adopted by one of my weekenders and is very good tempered, so it must have been well looked after
        "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

At least he didn't set it in a box next to a freeway or something.

Comment

'another phsyco with a dead animal'

And pray tell (though I know better than to ask), just how often does this happen?
            ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth tintaglia View Post
              guinea has since been adopted by one of my weekenders and is very good tempered, so it must have been well looked after
              I'm sorry that I'm turning this thread into something a little but isn't it not recommended to purchase just one guinea pig since they get lonely? I wanted a guinea pig since they're soooo cute but I didn't think I could handle two of them so we got a hamster. She's mean, but still adorable
              "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Are... are frequent dead animals a problem for you?
                Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Well to be fair, we've only had a couple of people come in with dead ex-pets. One person refused to bring in a pet she had bought from us and wanted us to give her a refund on it as it had died (it died 2 weeks before she phoned us to demand said refund) we therefore had no proof that it was dead, and without a body there could be no autopsy to verify cause of death (her kids couldv'e done anything to it ,and she kept telling me she needed the money)

We had one woman phoning up to tell us her guinea pig had died and she was bringing it back ( she was scary on the phone and we expected her to march in and throw a carass at us. )It was a year ago now, so she must have either changed her mind, or taken to where she bought it (which wasn't us)

The winner was the man who threw a bag of (20?) dead fish at me, and the smell stayed for ages (really, why would you have carpet in a pet shop, lino would be much easier to bleach in cases like this)

so, no its not a common problem, but we know it happens and expect it now

happy subject change
                  You can keep guineas on their own, but if you have enough space and time for more go for it. I've got 2 boys and its great to hear them wheeping to each other, tho we had to put a divider in the cage as Spike was bullying Angel. (they were fine for the first year and a half )

sorry for hi-jacking this thread
                  "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

Working...
                  X