Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what do YOU go to a steakhouse for?

If you say that you go to a steakhouse for the coffee...then you need your head checked.

I talked about this in this thread on general work chat but these folks deserved to be pulled out as sucky customers.

Our coffee machine is broken. It brews coffee - pressing the button to brew one pot will get you enough water for three! So, if you want a river of coffee...just press the button. This went on for a week before we decided to 86 coffee. Just tell people we didn't have it.

Then these asshats come in. They're regulars who come into this steakhouse for lunch often. They order coffee...regular and decaf. The server told them that he was sorry, but we were having issue with our coffee maker, it wasn't working properly. Rather than merely order something different - they got upset. They clamied that the COFFEE was the reason they came to the STEAKHOUSE. Our cheap ass, bottom of the barrell, restaurant packaged coffee. Lack of this bean of golden goodness would mean that they would leave if they could not have it! It was absurd that we didnt have it.

HEY! We have it - but it's not working! But, the server, aiming to please - made them the coffee...and the rivers ensued.

C'mon - who goes to a steakhouse - not a fine dining steakhouse - mind you - a chain steakhouse for the freakin' coffee???!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    Our cheap ass, bottom of the barrell, restaurant packaged coffee.
    International Dust by any chance?

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      International Dust by any chance?
      You mean they still make that!!!

This is one of the reasons I do not order coffee when at a chain restaurant. I would rather wait till I get home and brew my own. At least I know what I'm getting. And if your sole purpose for frequenting a STEAK house if for the coffee, then your priorities are seriously miss-alligned and you have no real love of coffee.
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I guess there's no Dunkin' Donuts in the area, huh?
        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
          You mean they still make that!!!
          Indeed they do, and some people I know like it. Then again those people have been known to claim a bacon sandwich (consisting entirely of cooked bacon between two slices of white bread) was "too spicy".

I wonder if the SCs in the OP go to Starbucks for the steak...

Comment

I would love to get some really good coffee around here. Only place I know of is Starbucks and, while not too shabby, not really great.
            http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
            Melody Gardot

Comment

...Or Tim Hortons for hamburgers...

Comment

Quoth Calud View Post
                I would love to get some really good coffee around here.
                move to my city we have over 20 independently owned coffee shops on one 5 block street , and many more throughout the city
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I go for the chilled monkey brains.....
                  Bark like a chicken!

Comment

I've seen people go to coffee houses to get Izzes. (Not one mind you...NUMEROUS ones.)

And you can guy them for less at a health food store.
                    Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Some people go to hospitals for the cafeteria. The world is a sick sad place.

Comment

If you want really great coffee, just come on over to my house! I make the greatest!

Comment

Talk about irony. On the way back from Dayton, I stopped at Dead Mobster for dinner and I overheard a conversation that went like this:
                          When he goes to the steakhouse, he gets the salmon. When he comes here, he gets steak.

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
                            If you want really great coffee, just come on over to my house! I make the greatest!
                            You're inviting these people into your home? Is there a secret basement labratory you need them for?

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
                              Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                              You're inviting these people into your home? Is there a secret basement labratory you need them for?
                              Figaro Todd! the Demon Barber of Seville! (John Forster)
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X