This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lies make baby Jesus cry

This woman came in today to whine and complain about the fact that she got a letter from the police cuz she'd driven off without paying. She was really posh, and had two little kids with her. She kept ranting on about how embarrassing it was to get the letter from the police, and how we should have asked her nicely to come back and pay. Also, she was saying how it was the cashier's fault for not asking her if she had petrol, and how no-one bothered to call her up to tell her. All lies; the cashier in question always asks people if they have fuel; she wasn't called up cuz we didn't have her number cuz she, you know, just drove off without paying, so just how were we supposed to find her to ask to come in and pay?

We called a manager in in the end cuz we figured we weren't paid enough to deal with this kind of crap. In the end, Ms Liar Liar Pants On Fire did have to cough up for the petrol she stole, and she left in a huff. Oh yeah, after giving a brilliant example to her two kids on morals and decency.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

She wasn't pissed off that she had to pay; she was pissed off cause she drove off without paying & got caught. Sucks to be her...lol.

Comment

She's actually quite lucky, if we can't contact them by phone we usually arrest them for theft rather than sending a letter!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I wish in that case that you'd been the person who'd gotten the report from the security guard.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've known someone who drove off without paying. She honestly forgot, because she usually just stops for coffee, not gas. She realized her error and went back sheepishly to pay the next day. So let me think what improves your chances of being arrested for theft: 1) Being embarrassed, apologize, pay and leave OR 2) Become a raging she-demon and blame everything and menopause on the cashier. Hmmm.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            She's actually quite lucky
            In the states, at least in Ohio and a few other states driving away with out paying equals an automatic revocation of your driving license on top of fines criminal charges etc.

Comment

Michigan too.

Comment

In Florida you could get fined ($500) , jailed (up to 60 days) and if it's a repeat offense you could get your license suspended.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My dad once did the opposite, he payed for gas, went to use the bathroom and then drove off forgetting to get the gas. Thankfully the cashier there recognized him when he came in the next day.

Comment

I always thought drive-offs where automatic jail time/tickets. She WAS lucky.

Comment

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here it's as follows; they get a letter from the police telling them to pay up or else. If they ignore that, they get arrested for theft.

By the way, the cameras have a very good hit rate as far as getting registration numbers and customer descriptions. XD So driving out without paying = epic fail. We will find you.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm guilty of a accidental drive-off, though I did end up paying for the gas. In CA, you pay for your gas, then pump it. If you paid inside, the pump shuts off at the amount you paid. Having grown-up in CA, I just assumed that the system was standard.

A few years ago, I was in a Central US state (don't remember which one, as it was part of a CA to Mass road trip). I went inside, paid for gas, pumped my gas, the pump shut off, and I was on my way. About an hour later I was pulled over by the cops, because apparently I had stolen gas.

I was able to call the station and pay via CC, but it was a little surreal for both me and the cops. The cop couldn't wrap his mind around the pump stopping after the amount paid and I couldn't wrap my mind around it not stopping...
                        Cats are like greatness, Some are born into cat-loving families, some achieve cats and some have cats thrust upon them...

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          I've known someone who drove off without paying. She honestly forgot, because she usually just stops for coffee, not gas.
                          My ex's dad did that once, completely by accident. He got partway down the road, then realized his mistake and came back. Luckily, he was a regular there, and they knew him, and hadn't called the cops on him.

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                          In the states, at least in Ohio and a few other states driving away with out paying equals an automatic revocation of your driving license on top of fines criminal charges etc.
                          It's that way here in PA too. I started seeing stickers on the gas pumps stating this, right around the time gas started getting expensive.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
                            I always thought drive-offs where automatic jail time/tickets. She WAS lucky.
                            Different country, different rules.
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

It's weird tho how it's nearly always women who do the denial thing; most men when they get caught bang to rights tend to just come in and pay up without the song and dance routine. XD

One woman actually denied flat out it was her; altho we had a money shot of her behind the wheel of her car, registration on show, driving out. She ended up being arrested for theft.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X