Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You speak Spanish, but pass ME off to the counter agent who speaks little English!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You speak Spanish, but pass ME off to the counter agent who speaks little English!

***Language Warning...I'm fired up!***

Asshole!

SC just calls from central America. Advises me that the Delta counter agent can't find his reservation.

I look it up, find the ticket number and begin to recite it to SC to give to the agent. Next thing I knew, I hear SC say something to the counter agent in Spanish, then the phone being jostled around. *Then* I'm on the phone with the counter agent, who (though clearly doing his best) didn't speak the best English in the world.

Ugh...I HATE HATE HATE it when customers pass me off like that and don't even tell me. I hate it WORSE then the customer speaks the language of the counter staff, but decides to be a narcissistic JACKASS and subject both the counter agent AND the travel agent to the hell of trying to figure each other out.

It gets better!

After giving the agent the ticket number (twice) and the confirmation number (thrice), he finally found the reservation and apologized.

I hear him get cut off abruptly and the phone jostled around some more. Then SC is back on the phone:

SC - "Yeah, so what happened?"

Me - "Oh, am I back on with Mr. Asshole?" (in sickly sweet tone)

SC - "Yeah!! so what happened?"

Me - "I'm really not sure. It took a few moments, but he finally found the record and seems to be processing your boarding pass now. He apologized to me, but im not entirely sure what the problem was."

***More back-and-forth between SC and the agent, in Spanish***

SC - "This is RIDICULOUS!" *click*

Me -

Seriously - WTF is the big deal? It took you, what, an extra THREE minutes of your life to get on the fucking plane because of a small miscommunication? THREE MINUTES, I might add, that probably would have been cut in HALF if you had just told him the ticket number yourself!

I fully documented the reservation, stating everything above, with the exception of the cuss words I used to describe him.

This particular company has a good relationship with our agency. I hope he gets in trouble.

Asshole.
    Last edited by Peppergirl; 07-25-2009, 02:22 AM.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

is this the guy you've been fuming about on Facebook... or is this a different asshole?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Nooooo - I had a couple of 'em last night. The guy I was fuming about on FB was a different asshole. I can't even formulate the words to talk about that guy yet.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Oh how I hated the calls from the counter. 99% of the time they were calling to tell me what an <insert comments about parentage / IQ level / orientation> the ticket counter person was being and 99% of the time it was because what they were telling them was true and they just didn't want to hear it.
        Why call me if all the flights in and out of the airport are cancelled due to weather? Why not be nice to the one person that could help you?
        If he gets in trouble for it would it be noted on his file? Can he be bounced from using your agency?

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
          Why call me if all the flights in and out of the airport are cancelled due to weather? Why not be nice to the one person that could help you?
          True, but if they all started being big boys and girls and dealt with delays like adults, I'd be out of a job since that's what I do ALL.FREAKING.DAY.

And no, I doubt that he'd be banned. But his particular company is a good one that we have a good relationship with and I think if word got back to their travel coordinator she'd be less-than-amused and may report him to his boss. One can always hope.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
            Oh how I hated the calls from the counter. 99% of the time they were calling to tell me what an < orientation> the ticket counter person was
            I'm so sorry for any calls you may have gotten about me
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Most of my hotel counter calls turned out to be the problem was they were in the wrong hotel. Spectacularly, some even managed to be in the wrong city.

Comment

Working...
              X