X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger spills tomato juice over me

...with no apology.

I was clearing in rubbish onto a tray and asked a passenger if he had finished with his plastic glass which still had a bit of tomato juice in it. He hadn't drunk any since my last cabin walk-through.

He just said 'yeah' and expected me to lean over two seats, straining my back to reach it. I said "ok, if you just pass it to me..."

He then rather roughly shoved the glass at me managing to get spicy tomato juice down my shirt, skirt and tights He could clearly see what he had done as well but turned back to his book.

No word of apology, no acknowledgment. If he hadn't been an arse in the first place and just handed me the glass nicely and then said sorry I wouldn't have been mad. But because he simply didn't care I was.

If I had spilled it I over a passenger I would have apologised, cleaned it up and given him a form to claim back dry-cleaning from the airline. But because I am a humble sky servant I just get ignored.

RUDE!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

urg, so f-in rude!! who the hell does that?? not even apologize...geez
    Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

With the way air travel is these days you'd think you'd be falling all over yourself apologizing for even bumping into a flight attendant lest you be hauled off as a terrorist.

I'd be utterly mortified had I spilled something on an attendant. ><

Comment

People just get ruder and ruder. There is zero consideration for cabin crew.

No "excuse me" they just push past me...whereas I always say excuse me. Can you imagine how THEY would react if a flight attendant just barged past them?

Passengers shove bags at the overhead locker space just above my head on every flight...no "excuse me." Yet if a flight attendant did that to them they would rant and rave.

I'm sure this happens in every customer service sector too. When I started working retail part time at college several years ago I swear people were not this awful.

Comment

Why didn't you say anything? IF somebody spills anything on me, I say something about it. It's time like those that it doesn't help to be all coy & demure. Because you're working doesn't excuse their behavior.

Comment

Wow, what an assclown. That's what you get for being nice and trying to clear people's trash out of their way. If it was me I'd just let people sit there with their trash surrounding them.

Comment

Quoth AirHostess View Post
              I'm sure this happens in every customer service sector too. When I started working retail part time at college several years ago I swear people were not this awful.
              At least in come cases, I suspect that the particularly asshatish sorts are working with the "logic" that with unemployment as it is, the workers should be glad they have a job in the first place, and cheerfully accept any abuse the all-powerful (sarcasm) customers offer, with a smile and "Please, sir, may I have more?".

Were it me in that situation, I'd have been awfully tempted to see if there was another partial drink that I could "accidentally" spill on him in return, then walk out without so much as an insincere "oopsie". Entirely against corporate policy, in just about any job, true, but oh so tempting...

(Or are there benefits coming to one voluntarily quitting that aren't given to someone fired? Honest question, though you don't need to go into details if you don't want, AH.)
              No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Wasn't there someone sitting beside this jerk? Did they get splashed? I'm not really into confrontation with strangers, but if I were a fellow passenger, I'd be pretty pissed. Not just because I *might* have been splashed, but because tomato-jousting in mid-air over my seat doesn't really appeal to me. And I definitely would have been pissed to see the OP get sprayed. How rude.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

You should have brought a pitcher of it over and asked if he needed a refill and then accidentally spilled some all over him!

Comment

Quoth AirHostess View Post
                    People just get ruder and ruder. There is zero consideration for cabin crew.

No "excuse me" they just push past me...whereas I always say excuse me. Can you imagine how THEY would react if a flight attendant just barged past them?

Passengers shove bags at the overhead locker space just above my head on every flight...no "excuse me." Yet if a flight attendant did that to them they would rant and rave.

I was nice on my flight yesterday. Was even going to offer a tip only to be told that they aren't allowed to take tips. I even said please and thank you as my drinks and snacks were handed to me.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      Why didn't you say anything? IF somebody spills anything on me, I say something about it. It's time like those that it doesn't help to be all coy & demure. Because you're working doesn't excuse their behavior.
                      I was too shocked to speak!

Comment

Working...
                      X