Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No ID = No Cigs, and NO I will NOT give the OK to my coworker!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ID = No Cigs, and NO I will NOT give the OK to my coworker!

Ugh, so, Monday, grocery/supply truck at the c-store. Fun. Manager, co-worker C, and myself were unloading truck, and co-worker L was manning (or womanning, I suppose) the register. In walks a barely-eighteen spoiled rotten chick, and wants cigarettes. We were waiting for the truck driver to start in with the refrigerated items at the time, so M, C, and Me got the (dis)pleasure of hearing the entire thing. Essentially, L asked for ID, spoiled chick had none, and L refused sale. Spoiled Chick, of course, got angry, and went on about how stupid it was, that she'd bought cigarettes there before, etc. Then she had the NERVE to point me out and say that I'd sold to her before and could vouch for the fact that she was old enough. Now, I HAVE sold to her before, but I also ID her every time she comes in. Rules state we have to see an ID, and we can't take another employee's word for it, yet this EW thought I'd break those rules with M standin literally right next to me! I, of course, am just simply not that stupid, so spoiled chick left saying something about "That's awesome. My mom has a boot on her leg!"
    A few second later, she came back with her mother, who was on crutches, and the mother bought the cigs, as they were for her anyway. L tried to politely explain why she'd asked for ID, that it was the law, etc, and spoiled chick went OFF. She kept interrupting and demanding "just give us the cigarettes and let's go!' and being just generally a biotch. Finally, M stepped in and explained AGAIN that we HAVE to have ID if you look young, about it being the law, etc, to which the chick gave us another :Whatever just give us hte cigs and let's go!" On their way out the door, within earshot of M, C and myself, she said to her mother in a snotty tone "I liike how they didn't ID yoU!" to which her mother replied "Well obviously I'm over 18." The kicker? The spoiled chick was DRIVING! Honestly, if you're driving, shouldn't you have your ID? Furthermore, if you're barely over 18, you should KNOW to have an ID with you regardless of how many times you've bought your cigs or whatever at a certain store. C was infuriated by the girl's attitude and said that if her daughter behaved that way she would've reprimanded her and sent her to the car, to which L agreed. Of course, spoiled chick's mother did NOTHING. Some people! Oh, and quick sidenote: Were it me and I were in doubt of the girl's age I wouldn't have sold to the mother, either, but that's just me! Anyway, that's my story of the day! Hope you've enjoyed it!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

I was wondering why your CW sold to the mother as well. Sure, you've seen her ID before, so I guess it's okay, but the only ones that would lose are you and the store. Not sure if you're stateside, but around here it'd be a VERY bad thing to be caught in a sting. And this has sting material written all over it.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

yeah I kind of had a feeling that would be the first thing anyone pointed out here. I'm in Iowa, USA, and yes stings are BAD. I myself have passed 4 tobacco and one alcohol sting in my 7 years as a c-store worker. I dare say that has to be the best record in the store besides maybe the manager at the moment. As I said, I wouldn't have sold them to the mother, either, if I hadn't known the girl was of age, but it wasn't me making the sale, and the manager didn't say a word to L about that part of the whole thing.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
      X