X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC defeats herself....

...this was karma at its finest.

We handle the lines for a lot of charities and one of them was having a lottery. The deadline to purchase tickets to get in for the early bird prizes was midnight last night. So we got SWAMPED. Theres only 3 of us on and no matter how fast we go we can't get our call backlog below 16 in queue. So I'm at the moment. I hate the charity lottery deadlines because we always have a rush of last minute types that put off getting tickets till 5 minutes before the deadline. Then for the next 15 minutes after the deadline we field calls from people whining they missed the deadline. =p

But anyway, I'm on one call with this lady and its about 4 minutes to go. So she squeaked in just in time. She asks me if she made it, I saw yes, she's got 4 minutes. So she immediately begins to lolligag giving me her info, asking long innane questions, making small talk and basically burning up this last 4 minutes. Meanwhile I'm glancing at the clock thinking "Come on! Come on!" because I know she'll whine later on if she misses the deadline. Even if its her own fault. ;p

So halfway through getting her info she tells me about how long she's been on hold and how much of a panic she was in. She informs me that because she was on hold for so long she used her cellphone to CALL US AGAIN so she could "double her chances" of getting through. So in the midst of all the calls in queue, 2 of them are HER on her landline and her cell. One to each ear. She's taking up two of our lines! Argh~

I don't even know why she thinks calling in a second time would up her chances since the second call just goes at the back of the line. So her first call is going to be answered first regardless....

A few moments later she gets through on line 2 and gets my coworker so she tells me "Oh, I got through on the other line!" and I can hear her talking to my coworker. It sounds like he's giving him her info too so now I'm sitting here "Is she trying to place TWO orders at once?". I look over at my co-worker and he just gives me a "WTF?" look and throws his arms in the air.

I try to get her attention to complete her order but she ignores me. Then I hear her say something like "No, its ok, I got through on the other line.". I try to get her attention again to confirm what she wants me to do with this order. She ignores me. I wait for about 30 seconds for her to come back to me. She doesn't and she's not talking to my coworker anymore. I say screw it and hang up, there's 16 people in line waiting. I'm not keeping them all in queue while she jerks around. I go back to my other calls, my coworker gets off the line with her a few moments later.

Fast forward, my coworker gets her again. This time she's flipping out because she doesn't think her order went through. Turns out she had meant to tell my coworker that she was placing the order with me but because she had both phones to her head we both heard her say "No, its ok, I got through on the other line." and both assumed she was placing the order with the other operator because she had told him and ignored me completely without telling me what she wanted to do.

But the kicker? When she called back to finish her order, the deadline had already passed. So her two line call in scheme backfired on her. I told her I'd put a note on her order saying she had called earlier but I couldn't confirm if it would be accepted as an earlybird.

The orders are time stamped when they *finish* not when they start and I know she burned too much time lolligagging when she first called to make it under the wire.

Karma is a beautiful thing.

Ouch. This hurted my head!!!! MOOOMMMMMYYYY!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I really hope they recorded the calls. I bet the managers will have a look as they try to figure out what she is trying to say to whom. Got to love Karma.
      "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Working...
      X