This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear douche with a bluetooth...

...I want to shove that thing up your ass...badly.

Guy comes in yammering away on a bluetooth headset. He completely ignores my greeting and my inquiry about whether or not he needed help.

He continues to browse, babbling on. He's not being quiet either, I gather it's some kind of business deal he's working on her something.

Some time later he comes up to me to purchase a game, still talking away on the headset.

At one point he turns his head away to focus on his cell phone conversation. This is where the major suck comes in. As he is talking away, the store phone rings. I go to pick up and...

SC: Hey, what do you think you're doing?
    Me: Answering the phone.
    SC: Oh no you don't. You serve me first before going near that phone.
    Me: Well sir, I...
    SC: It's ridiculous that you value a customer on the phone more highly than one right in front of you. I made the decision to drive out here and shop and for that I should be treated with more respect than someone who just calls in.
    Me: Well you were in the middle of your conversation and...
    SC: That does not change the fact that I should come FIRST. Yes I was talking, not that it concerns you but I am attempting to complete a very important deal. I'm talking six figures here so you can understand I need to get all the details right. Besides, if someone wants to talk to you so desperately they will certainly call back.
    Me: Ok look, I only wanted to take the call because you were busy. I don't care if it's an important deal or not, you should have put the person on hold or told him you would call him back in a minute or just tell him to wait while you completed your transaction.
    SC: It's a fucking game, I shouldn't need to say a word to you to get rung up. You scan it, I see the price, I give you the money, you give me my change. No talking needed whatsoever. *to person on phone* No John, I'm just a little frustrated at the moment, some people just don't have any common sense.
    Me: Will that be all for today?
    SC: What? Yes! Good grief, just give me the game and let me get out of here.

I do and he leaves, still blabbering into his headset. I would have really let him have a piece of my mind if I didn't have a line building behind him.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

What an asshat.

Comment

I don't know, you still might've given a piece of your mind. While more people are idiots nowadays that won't get off their cell phones, more people are also aware of just how rude it is. Him delaying the transaction with his "very important" call and then having a tantrum wouldn't usually go over too well with others waiting patiently in line.

In my store, I'd get in trouble for telling a customer off or (heaven forbid), giving the "appearance" of rudeness. But if your store lets you get away with acting human, I'd say to tell the twerp off.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

So it's rude for you to complete a possible business deal on the phone but it's not rude for him to do so?

Oh, and, the transaction requires your undivided attention but he can do it while multitasking.

Man, oh man. It's just too "bad" that our economy is doing so poorly and might just sweep that ego rug from under his feet.

Comment

What a Twatwaffle! I'm sure his conversation was 'really' for some six-figure deal. In the middle of a store. Riiiiggghhhtt. Hee, should have told him, politely, that you would wait for him to finish his conversation before ringing him up!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd
            SC: It's a fucking game, I shouldn't need to say a word to you to get rung up. You scan it, I see the price, I give you the money, you give me my change. No talking needed whatsoever. *to person on phone* No John, I'm just a little frustrated at the moment, some people just don't have any common sense.
            this part made me laugh. who has no common sense in this story? certainly not CrazedClerkthe2nd.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd
            SC: I'm talking six figures here so you can understand I need to get all the details right.
            probably includes the decimal point. $1000.00?
            To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
            my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

My wish fulfillment fantasy involves the guy on the other end of the phone:

"Wait a minute, did you actually treat a store clerk that way? ... I don't think I trust you with my six figure deal. You don't seem to have the integrity needed to treat people like human beings ... No, I'm sorry, but if you plan to treat my employees the way you just treated that one, then I'm afraid we can't do business; we have a very low tolerance for that sort of ... There are other people who produce your product, you know. Be sure to explain to your employer why you lost a six-figure client over a video game sale ... Bye now!"

I'm just tickled blue at the thought of this guy losing a massive sales commission to a used copy of Halo 3.

Hey, a man can dream.

Love, Who?

Comment

This guy is an asshat. Which any dandy can tell you is the worst type of hat.

But seriously, six figure deal? In the middle of a store? Where anyone could here it? And you're buying Halo while you complete it... You use the other guy's first name... A six figure deal wherein nobody even wants to meet face to face.

Tell me, were you selling the Brooklyn Bridge or the Taj Mahal?

Yeah, you're closing a six figure deal in a videogame store. Pull the other one, its got bells on. Six of 'em.
                Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
                  this part made me laugh. who has no common sense in this story? certainly not CrazedClerkthe2nd.

Nah. Coupons at cash value: 1/20 cent = $0.0005 or about $10.0005
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wow that guy was so mean. I can't believe he talked down to you like that. With that attitude, I don't know how he would get this "six figure deal" that he speaks of.

Comment

Quoth tinamarble88 View Post
                      Wow that guy was so mean. I can't believe he talked down to you like that. With that attitude, I don't know how he would get this "six figure deal" that he speaks of.
                      Burger King. They sell little plastic figures there sometimes.
                      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
                        Burger King. They sell little plastic figures there sometimes.

I was thinking something along those lines, too.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post

You left out the minus sign.

I can only imagine the poor woman who may be married to this guy . . . ugh.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The guy himself said you don't have to talk to complete the transaction, so why was he getting his panties all in a twist over it. And I'm sure that if you had tried to talk to him he would have reamed you out for interrupting his precious deal.

Once the phone rang and I went to answer it and suddenly speedy Gonzales comes tearing around the corner screaming "DON"T YOU DARE! YOU HELP ME FIRST!" I just stared at her as she booked it up to the register. She hissed at me "Hang.that.phone.up.now!" I held up a finger and told her "Sorry ma'am, they were first. I'll be with you in a moment." I don't care if they're on the phone, they're customers too and deserve my attention just as much as you.

Comment

Seriously, dude the world doesn't revolve around you and your fucking bluetooth headset. Maybe this would help, CC. What an fucking tool.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X