This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is worse than Black Friday for me

At least on Black Friday people were understanding about long wait times, etc. Today, however, I've had no less than 3 people yell at me because I can't sell them a "friday only" item at the price it was going at yesterday. I've had another get pissy with me because we were out of the movie he wanted. Yet another absolutely would not believe me when I told her I could not sell her a TV for the "friday only" price (which it said very clearly on her flier, btw) and had to hear it from a manager before she believed it.

I wish I had a gun.

*handing over a Sig Sauer and clip of ammunition*

(hopefully I gave you the right kind of ammo)

Comment

We had 30G Video Ipods in our 4-hour sale (8am-noon) on Friday that had a giftcard with purchase. While supplies lasted.

Saturday, 3:30pm

SC: Yeah, do you have any of those 30G Video Ipods from the ad yesterday?
      Me: No, sorry, we sold out soon after we opened yesterday (at 8am!).
      SC: So, what, do I get the giftcard with a 20G or something else?
      Me: Um, we don't have a 20G and sorry, no, that offer was only with the 30G.
      SC: Well, aren't you substituting or doing rainchecks?
      Me: Sorry, no.
      SC: Well, why not?
      Me: Um, those were only while supplies lasted.

Seriously, did he really think we'd have any left?

Then we had the people that could/would not understand, "All used CDs $4.99 Friday (11/24) only."
      SC: So, I can't get them at $4.99 today? (Saturday).

Or the "Any CD, $18.99 and under for $9.99. Limit 1. 11/24-25 (Friday & Saturday) only."
      SC: So, since you have to order the System of a Down CD, do I get a rain for the $9.99?
      Me: Um....no?
      SC: Well you don't have it, I should get a raincheck!
      Me: Well, ma'am, it's for any CD, not just particular ones (if there had been certain ones in the ad, maybe). So, you can still get a CD for $9.99 today.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

It could be worse, you could have been working at a Wal Mart in Oklahoma.

Wal Mart had a HD-TV for $400 in all their ads, but when customers showed up on Friday morning, the TV was $600!

It seems there is a law in Oklahoma that prevents a company from selling below cost and because of that, $600 was the lowest they could go.

I heard they had some very pissed off customers at some stores.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
          It seems there is a law in Oklahoma that prevents a company from selling below cost and because of that, $600 was the lowest they could go.
          they banned Hi-Lo!

I can understand making it illegal to sell so your average cart is below cost (which would be predatory pricing) but individual items is just busybody legislators with too much time on their hands
          DILLIGAF

Comment

Holy Cow! I'm so glad I'm not in retail anymore.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Or the "Any CD, $18.99 and under for $9.99. Limit 1. 11/24-25 (Friday & Saturday) only."

What if the CD was originally priced at $5.99?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                What if the CD was originally priced at $5.99?
                I'd do it, just to enrage someone

Then again, this is probably the reason I got out of retail...
                "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                "What IS fun to fight through?"
                "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

My best friend's cousin runs an electronics store down here (not a big box, a self-owned store), and he said they got royally screwed because the local newspaper forgot to run the ad he paid for. They had huge sales and nobody there for most of the morning because they didn't KNOW about 'em.
                  Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Working...
                  X