This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sign Says: WET PAINT

We had a pair of pants come in today from one of the other dry cleaners' (they basically take stuff in, send it to us, we drop it off, and split the cash between both stores).

It quite literally looked like the guy in those cartoons and movies who sit on a bench marked WET PAINT. we're not talking little streaks, but 'full butt impression sit down' on the seat of his suit pants paint.

and he wanted them cleaned at no extra charge.

Needless to say, he didnt get it, but the boss called him up and he wasn't a further SC and agreed to the additional costs of cleaning.

Still... He expected this at no cost? The boss will be working likely at least an hour of labor into those pants.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

That's a new level of fail right there
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I guess I shouldn't mention the band uniform I destroyed by sitting in blue paint at Yankee Stadium. Although to be fair, none of the 100+ band people/parents saw any Wet Paint signs.
      Was the last time I had a uniform that fit right, too.
      NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

Ha! We had just painted a wall where I work. Long wall, lots of space around, no reason to go near the wall, with barricades that said 'WET PAINT' about every 10-feet. What did someone do? Walk right along next to the wall, trailing their hand along it, then goes and screams at the office for the paint on the sleeve of their coat. Gah!!!!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Three words come to mind in regard to the customers in Horsetuna and LillyFilly's comments, "Here's your sign!"
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

aur, I was actually trying to quote 'Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs' but wasn't sure if it would fit

Boss is still working on those pants btw.
            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth wynjara View Post
              I guess I shouldn't mention the band uniform I destroyed by sitting in blue paint at Yankee Stadium. Although to be fair, none of the 100+ band people/parents saw any Wet Paint signs.
              Was the last time I had a uniform that fit right, too.

The easiest way to get a perfectly-fitted band uniform was to be in the band the year they got new uniforms. We all got measured, and had our own assigned uniforms for the year. The best part was we got them my first year of high school, so I kept my 'own' uniform until I graduated.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
              X