This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer's Holiday Got Ruined

Yesterday, my coworker at the service desk got a customer who said that her holiday was ruined because her organic chicken tasted terrible. I was standing there when it happened. I asked the customer what the difference between organic chicken and non-organic chicken was. I think the customer told me but I can't remember what she said. I also can't remember if she got refunded or not. I do remember the customer saying that she would never eat chicken again because of what had happened.

By the way, I have a bad nose so I couldn't really smell the Thanksgiving food on the table. My family went to a pancake breakfast later than I wanted. I was cranky at the time probably because I needed to eat. I also couldn't finish all of my dinner at the time probably because my stomach got full pretty quickly. I ate the rest of my dinner later. I also went to the movies later with my family but I couldn't finish my pretzel bites. I ate the rest later. I didn't let that stuff ruin my holiday.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Oh what a drama queen. God. Some people. I loved how that apparently ruined her whole holiday. Urgh.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

just a thought, but maybe she cooked it wrong...? who knows, but i've burned things and it didnt' ruin my dinner, i replace it with something else and keep going.

oh wait, i'm not an sc, what was i thinking?
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Organic makes no difference. It means that the chickens are not fed antibiotics above a certain limit (probably zero, but I'd have to check), and the feed they are given was grown without use of insecticide, if memory serves.

There should have been no difference between organic and non-organic regarding cooking times and results. However, individual birds from time to time are occasionally crap for eating for no apparent reason. I suspect she either got one of those or is an idiot.

Rapscallion

Comment

If you are used to eating sad flabby factory-farmed birds, organic chicken DOES taste funny - because it tastes like chicken is supposed to, not like sad watery flaccid meat. The texture of the meat is also different, because generally, organically-raised birds run around outside whereas cheapo birds are crammed into little cages or densely-packed barns. I really cannot stand factory-farmed chicken any more, because the organic birds taste so much better, plus the stock you make with the carcases tastes fantastic. If you boil up factory-farmed chicken carcases for stock, the bones flake to pieces in the water and make the stock taste nasty.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

I had to work on thanksgiving and deal with stupid customers instead of spend time with my family and eat turkey, ham, sausages, potatoes and beer. Unless it involves fire, fecal matter, or a trip to the emergency room, I have no sympathy for a customer who claims their holiday was ruined.
            free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

She's an easy SC if all she wanted was a refund for the chicken that ruined her entire holiday (there's a horror movie title in there somewhere). I had a cable customer once who was part of a 15 minute outage. She was not content with a day's credit (which she didn't deserve anyway.) She claimed she'd invited people over to watch a movie at that particular time. She wanted a refund for the food and drink she bought... plus "some extra" to compensate her for the embarrassment and humiliation she suffered.

Personally, though, I think her Thanksgiving was shot to hell the moment she decided to serve chicken. I like chicken, but I've never wanted to invite one for the holidays.
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
                Yesterday, my coworker at the service desk got a customer who said that her holiday was ruined because her organic chicken tasted terrible.
                One of these days I'd just LOVE to throw something like this back in an SC's face by demanding to know "how, EXACTLY, is this OUR fault? We only sell this stuff, we don't make it."

I mean, come on, it's not the store's fault if you don't like something. If you don't like it don't buy it. If you're trying something new, dont' come crying to us when it doesn't work out. Learn the lesson and move on.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I wonder if people buy organically-raised chicken because it tastes better or because it promotes better conditions of chickens? If its the latter, then she probably just shouldn't eat chicken at all, since organic chicken obviously doesn't taste good to her.
                  "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Having eaten meat that was hunted I can tell you that there is a big difference in how it tastes. She more than likely overseasoned it and undercooked it or something, because farm raised stuff tends to be bland and squishy compared to wild game, which has more of a natural flavor and toughness to it.

After my parents divorced when I was a kid I had to get used to eating crap from the store. I practically became a vegetarian for a while because I was so used to wild game that wasn't so flabby and tasteless.
                    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Ringtail said:because farm raised stuff tends to be bland and squishy compared to wild game
                      Well having grown up on a regular farm I gotta disagree. Its the industrial mega farms where the animals dont get exercise or even mvement that is bland and squishy might as well be a protein shake.

The rest i'll agree with though. Especially as how unless the chicken was bad from the store how is it the store's problem?

Comment

Dear (not) Organic Chicken Lady,

*MY* Thanksgiving sucked more than yours did. Would you like to know why? Because *I* had to work ALL FUCKING DAY that day to serve idiots like you! I didn't get to have any chicken/turkey dinner, ruined or otherwise**, because some useless waste decided my store should be open on a fucking *holiday*. So, why don't you go on down to the local STFU store and have yourself a nice big steaming cup of whineberry juice. Your piddly complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

No love, Me

** = Actually, I did get some leftovers from my folks. But they would've been a lot nicer fresh, and the company damn sure would've been better.
                        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Oh geez, tell her to drop the "Woe is Me!" Scarlett O'Hara act. This isn't Tara, and no one is impressed. You know, no one is forcing her to eat meat. There are plenty of veggies for her to feast on- I'll gladly give up my share of broccoli just for her.

Comment

What was so bad about the chicken that made her not want to eat chicken again? Did it look at her and cluck alarmingly as she attempted to go at it with a knife?

Comment

This is where my saying-before-thinking-itis would have got me in trouble. I woulda looked her dead in the eye, shrugged, and said, "Learn to cook?"
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                              X