This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am now a beautician

I was filling some stuff in the toothpaste aisle. Hair color is right behind me. Woman comes up to me and asks me "What color is my hair?"

Turns out she wanted me to pick out some hair color for her. That's kind of hard when we have close to ten different brands of the stuff, and each one has its own interpretation of blondish-brown, which is what her hair was.

I tried to weasel out by mentioning the different brands, and that I'm not much of an expert on hair color, but to no avail. So I just pointed to one of the blonder shades in one of the Clairol brands and she seemed happy with it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I'll light a candle that she doesn't return to scream at you for your failure to attend beauty school. Sorry, Irv.

If this happens again, you have a couple of options:

"Ma'am, I've NEVER colored my hair. My [female relatives] don't color their hair, except for cousin Selena who tends to color it purple. We don't talk about her much."

and/or

"Ma'am, I have absolutely no knowledge about hair color and I would really hate it if something I recommended were to damage your beautiful hair."

Maybe I better light a couple of candles.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

That stuff will turn her hair to straw anyway.

I think we're going to need a lot of candles.

Comment

Hopefully when she comes back with her hair smoking and turning a nice shade of purple, and falling out in clumps, she wont be able to remember who it was she asked.

I get my hair colored professionally (and not as often as I should...my premature gray is showing again) I would never attempt to color my hair by myself. Mostly because I would just end up going to the guy who does it for me now anyways and asking him to fix the horrible mess for me.

Comment

Come one, you don't know about all the hair dyes your store has? The EW's DEMAND that you know this info.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Woman comes up to me and asks me "What color is my hair?"
            You should have told her "green!"
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

So, what colour candles should we buy then!

Comment

Quoth Trytobenice View Post
                So, what colour candles should we buy then!
                Puce. You can't go wrong with puce.

Also, puce is a funny word.

Comment

Next time tell the EW that she has a very nice shade of gray*.

*In one form of color blindness, all the person sees is shades of gray (i.e. like black and white tv).
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post

"Ma'am, I have absolutely no knowledge about hair color and I would really hate it if something I recommended were to damage your beautiful hair."
                    Oooh, as an absolute sucker for flattery, I have to say I looove that line.
                    Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

I've started to tell people up front that my knowledge about ANYTHING in the store is essentially what it says on the box. If I have prior knowledge of a product or some expertise then I mention more.

I cant believe the amount of people who expect me to know everything about power generators, car batteries, tastes of fruits, cooking practices and the specs on all the tv's. If I know these things then I wouldn't be working in a department store I would be winning moola on who wants to be a millionaire or jeopardy :P

woops, sorry. ranted lol
                      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X