This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ignorance..

So, I work in my store alone so if i need to run out to the bathroom or get lunch I have to lock the shop. It was a pretty busy day so I had to wait a bit for a break; i REALLY needed the bathroom and my tummy was all gurgly. So, when my last customer leaves, I grab the 'closed for 5 minute' sign, throw on my coat, leave the shop and shut the door.

I'm about to bend down and lock the door - im halfway down!! And this..... "woman" walks straight past me, pushes open my door and walks into the shop!!! I just stand there spluttering in my coat; she just ambles round my shop in a browsing way while i storm back in, throw my keys loudly on the desk and take off my coat. She didnt even LOOK at me the entire time let alone say thank you. She was completely unaware there was anyone else in the world but herself.

Of course she didnt buy anything. And of course like 50 people came in after her. I had to wait another hour. Sorry about the rant guys but I was so ANGRY!!

Why didn't you tell her that you were closing for a few minutes cause you had to go the bathroom? When you gotta go then you gotta go. They could have waited-business be damned.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Why didn't you tell her that you were closing for a few minutes cause you had to go the bathroom? When you gotta go then you gotta go. They could have waited-business be damned.
      'cause i have no spine when it comes to customers, I just cant tell them to go away coz its a fancy store. Besides, from her attitude, i reckon she wouldve just walked in anyway. .

Comment

Quoth chocoBug View Post
        coz its a fancy store.
        Not fancy enough to have enough employees to cover bathroom breaks though.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          Truth. Right here folks. You find it in the darndest places.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
            For our neighbourhood, we'd be considered a "fancy" store. But because we don't have a ton of business from opening-4pm, we only have one person in - the manager (me). Well, ok, Sat-Mon the person who works isn't the manager, but they're still here alone.

BUT

We have a buzzer system. So if I don't want to let someone in for some reason, I don't have to.

Comment

Working...
            X