This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if you don't want my money...

Here's one I remember from about a month and half ago. It was the day before the Fourth of July and this guy comes into my line with his carriage piled to the rafters with ice cream. He had about 60 gallons of it, meaning he probably cleaned out our entire stock. (This probably means he runs a restaurant and is going to re-sell our ice cream for a profit.) And this was especially a problem because it was the day before a holiday and customers would obviously be wanting to buy ice cream for their parties.

ME: Sir, I'm going to have to check with management before I can sell you all that ice cream?
    SC: What?? This is ridiculous...What is the management going to say they don't want my money?
    ME: Well it's the day before a holiday and we need to make sure we have enough for everyone. You'll see we have a written policy (*points to written policy next to register*) that allows us to limit the quantity of items to 4 per order.
    SC: Well that's just stupid...I could just buy 4, go back in line and buy another 4.
    ME: I still need to check with management.

Of course what I was really thinking was: You're going to buy 60 gallons of ice cream, 4 at a time, having to go back to the end of a very busy line each time? You're gonna end up with 60 gallons of sugary milk-water by the end of the night -- if you can manage to do all this before we close.

Of course, management gives him the go-ahead, and the only ice cream we have left in stock for the rest of the night is the really cheap store-brand stuff that tastes awful.

I don't want to own my own business. Not really.

The only times i want to is when i read stories like this. And i daydream about telling jerks like him that NO, i DON'T want his money and he can shove his head he knows where!

Comment

Working...
    X