This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nightmare is over

For the past couple of weeks, the other supermarket of the same name in the next town has been closed for refurbishment... causing all their customers to come to the one I work for. Resulting in the following whinges from SCs...

"Why have you run out of milk/bread/ham/insert foodstuff here?"

"Why are there massive queues?"

"Why don't you hire more staff?"

"I only wanted *insert foodstuff here* and you haven't got it!"

"Why do you have Cards Only checkouts? I want to pay with cash!"

I am confidently expecting whinges to drop overnight as the other supermarket reopens today... well, I can dream can't I?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Crushed By The Wheels Of Industry...

From now on, if someone asks you why don't you hire more staff?
    Hand them an application.
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
      From now on, if someone asks you why don't you hire more staff?
      Hand them an application.
      Or tell them that most of the new people quit after hearing all of the bitching and moaning directed towards them.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        "Why have you run out of milk/bread/ham/insert foodstuff here?"

"Why are there massive queues?"

Ahh, if only we could give them the LOGICAL, REAL answer..."Would you like the REAL answer? The answer to your question is this: The world does NOT revolve around you, and you alone. You see, due to the refurbishing of another store in this chain, we now have roughly double the customers, and only the same amount of stock and employees. If you are unhappy with this, please feel free to
        fill out an application to either be a cashier or to be the person who orders our stock. Thank you, and have a great day."

{{It somehow seemed better BEFORE I wrote it out, but I'll stick with it.}}
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would so love to say that... however, we all know that logic doesn't register in the mind of an SC. XD
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X