Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you already know the answer why ask the question?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you already know the answer why ask the question?

Alright, so BG: im an xray tech.

routinely (as in... at LEAST once a day if not far far more) after i get through taking a persons xrays they ask 'so is it broken?' or 'whats wrong?' etc. etc. soemthing along those lines.

I just reply with my standard line of 'i can't say anything the dr's gotta take a look and he/she will let you know if anything out of the ordinary showed up'.

due to the fact that well dr's have the medical training (one hopes ) to properly diagnose xrays. So yea legally i can't tell anyone anything about their xrays unless a doctors already looked a them and said 'yea that arms broken' or whatever.

Now if someone genuinely does NOT know that legally i can't say anything to them. fine. no worries. question asked, question answered and they're on their merry way.

My issue is the ones who ask and then when i tell them i can't say anything they reply 'oh i know you guys can't i just figured i'd ask anyways'.

why... that's like me asking 'so the earth revolves around the sun right?' 'yea' 'alright cool i know just checking'.

worst one of those was some teenage skater-type kid. had his xrays n asks the famous question. i reply 'nope sorry docs gotta take a look'.

and he keeps pestering me with 'come on you can tell me whats wrong?' (or variations of it).

after... roughly the 5th or 6th time of me telling him i couldn't say anything and him apparently just refusing to belive i wasn't gonna say something about his xrays i finally told him to get the hell out of my xray room since i needed it for other patients.
    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

"So, is it broken?"

"Nope the x-ray machine is working just fine. Dos'c going to have some great images to see if there is anything wrong or not"

Comment

Quoth CaptainThrifty View Post
      "So, is it broken?"

"Nope the x-ray machine is working just fine. Dos'c going to have some great images to see if there is anything wrong or not"

That's great, Loki should use it as their standard answer next time anyone asks.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

"Looks to me like you're gonna need multiple amputations. Wanna get started now, or check with a doctor first?"
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
          "Looks to me like you're gonna need multiple amputations. Wanna get started now, or check with a doctor first?"
          "But its my ribs!" (or any other part in the chest/abdomen)

"Sucks to be you then!"

Comment

Last year I had a bad fall at work and was taken to the emergency room. I knew my left arm was messed up but wasn't sure if it was broken or not. After my x ray the tech made a comment about it being in pieces.....so I asked him if it was broken. He said he wasn't supposed to say anything but that yeah it was....guess he broke the rules on that one.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              Last year I had a bad fall at work and was taken to the emergency room. I knew my left arm was messed up but wasn't sure if it was broken or not. After my x ray the tech made a comment about it being in pieces.....so I asked him if it was broken. He said he wasn't supposed to say anything but that yeah it was....guess he broke the rules on that one.
              It's happened sometimes. me or my coworkers have made slips now and again. and said like 'nah looks fine' or whatever.

I think i've done it once when I was a student in training.

But yea. nothing came back to bite me in the ass so it's all good.

It bugs me I can't tell people stuff because ok some stuff I can't pick out but I mean if someones hand is broken i'd like to be able to say 'yea your hands busted the doc'll cast it' but no can do.
              Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Working...
              X