This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nasty book returns

*wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the "Morons in Management" section, as it involves both an SC and policies made by those in Administration, which which indirectly encourage this sort of issue*

We'd had near-constant returns from the minute we'd opened, and as I was checking it items from the bookdrop, I came across a CD whose cover was damp, discoloured at the top, and had a VERY strong odor........I honestly couldn't say what it was, but I'm suspicious that it was urine. (odd thing was, the rest of the materials this guy returned were just fine)

Unfortunately, we couldn't charge the guy for damaging the item, as for some reason, those in Administration think it's a good idea to NOT charge customers for damaging (or failing to return) DVD/CD covers and booklets. So, I just damaged the CD out and tossed it......got to wonder what was going through "Mr. Pee's" head that he thought it was okay to return the CD in that condition.

I wonder if it might have been a cat? I have friends who own cats with a bad marking habit and they've lived with it for so long they can't smell it anymore themselves. Still if it was damp it should have tipped him off.

Comment

I don't think it was cat urine.....didn't really have that whole "ammonia" smell. (long story short, my eldest cat has "puddling" issues, so I've become familiar with how cat urine smells)

Comment

That is so utterly disgusting. What goes through people's minds that they somehow think you won't notice or that this is acceptable behavior! Grrr.

Had a coworker complaining today that someone made a return and their receipt was covered in rotten bananas. This means of course that the customer explained what the rancid goupy horror was. Disgusting! We're also not allowed to refuse taking money even if it's damp (as happens often in hot weather *shudder*) or otherwise gross. Yuck.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          That is so utterly disgusting. What goes through people's minds that they somehow think you won't notice or that this is acceptable behavior! Grrr.

Had a coworker complaining today that someone made a return and their receipt was covered in rotten bananas. This means of course that the customer explained what the rancid goupy horror was. Disgusting! We're also not allowed to refuse taking money even if it's damp (as happens often in hot weather *shudder*) or otherwise gross. Yuck.
          Well, like I mentioned in my first post in this thread, we're not allowed to charge customers for damaging/losing CD or DVD covers/inserts, so I guess in the eyes of those in Administration, that IS acceptable behavior. (of course, they're not the ones who actually have to handle the nasty items)

Comment

Working...
          X