This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    Maybe we should start a new religion on CS.com?

First there's the Lupoists, then the Broomites, now we have the Irvings
    are these religions mutually exclusive? Because I'll be a sad panda if they are..
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Irving is a benevolent god. He believes you should be able to worship whomever you want, and as many as you want, and He does not judge.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire

And after work it was off to the DMV to get my drivers license renewed because it's close to expiration. I got there at about 1:30 and left at 3:00. There were two people behind the counter and a line extending out the door. The line stayed about that long the entire time I was there, and there wasn't even a chair in the waiting area for me at first, so I sat on the floor. There's nothing like a trip to the DMV to make you wish you didn't drive.

Shortly after I first got there, some other guy came in behind me and said "What the hell is this?" It's just your wonderfully efficient government at work.
        Do you by any chance have a Triple A office in your area? Next time you have to get your license renewed, might wanna consider going to them. You don't need a membership to do it, and they're super crazy quick.

Comment

ID 10 T

On my daily task list was a note from Numbknockers: "Replace the bulbs in all the lamp displays, they are burned out."

After finishing up the furniture audit, I took a look at the lamps, and found the reason why the display lamps weren't lit: They weren't plugged in.

I'll bet there's a special section at the landfill for Numbknockers Personal Massage Tools... because she hasn't figured out how to change the battery
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Maybe we should start a new religion on CS.com?

First there's the Lupoists, then the Broomites, now we have the Irvings
            All hail Lupo!

Comment

I was just wondering Irv, why they haven't considered a setup similar to what the DMV (or the aussie equivelent of it) has. Basically, you walk in, speak to the guy standing next to a computer screen about what you're there for. He'll give you a form if you need it, then you take a ticket and sit down. There are 8 or so booths and the tickets are non-sequential. (i.e. first ticket is A2, second ticket is B5)

Things like car rego and licence renewal you can do via the Post office.
              the passport office does this. I had to go through it back in july to get my passport (finally!!) so i can go to Orlando in 2 weeks!
              "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
              ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

I was just wondering Irv, why they haven't considered a setup similar to what the DMV (or the aussie equivelent of it) has. Basically, you walk in, speak to the guy standing next to a computer screen about what you're there for. He'll give you a form if you need it, then you take a ticket and sit down. There are 8 or so booths and the tickets are non-sequential. (i.e. first ticket is A2, second ticket is B5)

Things like car rego and licence renewal you can do via the Post office.
                My DMV does that, assuming the 1st person gives you the correct forms. Lucky the AAA(American Automobile Assoc) which does road side service, trip planning, etc has a deal with the DMV to process license renewals. In and out in 10 minutes tops, about half the time waiting in line and the other half waiting for the license approval and printing.

Comment

Irving is a benevolent god. He believes you should be able to worship whomever you want, and as many as you want, and He does not judge.
                  Will you touch me with your noodly appendage?

And I SO don't mean it in the perverted sense...
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

The Broomites and the Irvings have always been close allies, as well.
                    There are 8 or so booths and the tickets are non-sequential. (i.e. first ticket is A2, second ticket is B5)
                    Sounds like our passport office, except they ARE sequential. A/B/C=what booths you can potentially end up at. The number then tells you where in line you are for those booths. In other words, you'd potentially get A5 coming out after C21, but that's because A has only had 4 people go through, and C had 20. I quite like the system. Works well.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      this is why Nevada is the greatest state in the nation... they have self service kiosks where you can do everything other than take a driving test... renewals take 30 seconds, walk up, type in your license plate number, the number from your renewal notice, swipe your credit card, and your new sticker prints out.
                      NM has those....but they also charge a service fee. They also charge you a service fee if you renew online. So, since there's an MVD over at Cottowood Mall, a mile away, it's actually cheaper to stand in line.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

Irv. you never cease to entertain. I would have to take several bottles of Valium in order to work at your store.
                        Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                        X