Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want to deal with customer poop.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to deal with customer poop.

Awhile ago I posted something on here about how to be a hotel guest. When I finished I had the distinct feeling that I left something out.

I did.

Please don't ask us to plunge your toilets. Obviously, we will if you are handicapped or simply unable, but if you are a grown human being, you have the capacity to do it yourself. Perhaps this is a bad analogy, but how would you like it if I came to your house, plugged the sumbitch up, and asked you to deal with it? No way. Just because you paid for a hotel room doesn't automatically make me your manservant.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I can't actually say these things to a customer so you people are the next best thing.

Not only won't we do these sucky things, but you can say whatever you want about the sucky people to us and we won't "Have your Job!" for it either

That always pisses me off...the indignant, nasty, snobby "I Want to Talk to a Manager!"
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
      and we won't "Have your Job!" for it either
      Nope, worst you'll get in return is the occasional board hack...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Plunging toilets

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
        Awhile ago I posted something on here about how to be a hotel guest. When I finished I had the distinct feeling that I left something out.

I did.

Please don't ask us to plunge your toilets. Obviously, we will if you are handicapped or simply unable, but if you are a grown human being, you have the capacity to do it yourself. Perhaps this is a bad analogy, but how would you like it if I came to your house, plugged the sumbitch up, and asked you to deal with it? No way. Just because you paid for a hotel room doesn't automatically make me your manservant.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I can't actually say these things to a customer so you people are the next best thing.
        Unfortunately at my hotel were supposed to . If you don't you get written up for not doing your job. I have a weak stomach and can't handle it. Most of the time people just take plunger and close the door. I one time had to do it and the lady stood in the bathroom watching me. I started gagging had tears running down face and finally lady got the hint and took the plunger.

Comment

Quoth hotelslave View Post
          Unfortunately at my hotel were supposed to . If you don't you get written up for not doing your job. I have a weak stomach and can't handle it. Most of the time people just take plunger and close the door. I one time had to do it and the lady stood in the bathroom watching me. I started gagging had tears running down face and finally lady got the hint and took the plunger.
          I think I would be much to embarassed to have someone plunge my toilet and would want to do it myself.

Comment

I believe Hauntedheadnc had an interesting story along those lines too....replete with corn.

Comment

Actually, I have an over-flowing toilet phobia. If a toilet of mine starts to over-flow, I panic. There's no way I'd be able to plunge it myself, so if I were a guest at your hotel I'd probably ask someone to do it for me. (Unless I'm with my boyfriend; I'd ask/make him do it first.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                I believe Hauntedheadnc had an interesting story along those lines too....replete with corn.
                Oh God no! Don't remind me of that -- not the corn!!
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I'd like to hear the story, *grabs a bag just in case.*
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Ugh. There isn't a whole lot to tell, actually. It's just your average disgusting anecdote.

Basically, a bitchy woman checked in and immediately proceeded to plug her toilet. She called the front desk and asked for a plunger, so I brought one down to her. When I tried to hand it to her, she looked at me as though I'd just asked permission to put my finger up her nose.

She said something along the lines of, "I'm paying for this room and you expect me to do that myself? Get real."

And so I plunged her toilet for her. It was plugged up really good too, so in the process of plunging, I was slopping shit water out on the floor. I could tell that her last meal had apparently consisted of corn-fried corn with a side of corn and a corn chaser, too.

Let's all try to picture that, if we could.

It was just revolting all around, and what made it worse was that she watched me do that with this holier-than-thou scowl/smirk on her face. It also hadn't helped that before I stepped into the room, the woman's little granddaughter had helpfully volunteered, "I wouldn't go in there -- it really stinks in there!"

Which was true. It did. It did really stink in there.

I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Comment

My sympathies HauntedHead, that just sucks. Worse I've got involving poop was this: During the summer, I was working at the party venue in a voucher booth. There are about 10 people in these booths. We are pretty much in the wee hours of the beginning of the event and a guy is walking around quite intoxicated. Well, he decided to go to our direction and we had nothing to do so we're sitting around talking when said idiot drops his pants and takes a DUMP right in our booth in direct view of us. Now little does he know that he was just seen by 10 parking guys, and 3 security guys and let's just say security was quite ready to take this guy. No one wanted to clean it up for obvious reasons.

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
                        No one wanted to clean it up for obvious reasons.
                        Bleh. So, who ended up having to clean that up? What happened to the drunk guy?

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                          Bleh. So, who ended up having to clean that up? What happened to the drunk guy?
                          A supervisor who was just sick and tired of random stuff like that cleaned it up, and the drunk guy was pretty much arrested for public relief and indecent exposure.

Comment

Pass the please!!! I can't get rid of the corn images in my brain... I think if I were you, Hauntedhead, I would have puked...
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                              Pass the please!!! I can't get rid of the corn images in my brain... I think if I were you, Hauntedhead, I would have puked...
                              It was a double whammy. It was nasty because of all the reasons you'd think, and it smelled like death ass in there. Then, she watched me with that look on her face. She was really just an arrogant cow, but thankfully I do recall that she and her family didn't give us much trouble for the rest of their stay, and they were here for a few days.

If she'd been humble about it, apologetic, or if she had a legitimate reason not to be able to plunge her own toilet, such as arthritis, I wouldn't be writing about her. I had to clean up guest poo once and that person wasn't the least bit sucky. She was handicapped, had an accident before she could get her wheelchair through the bathroom door, and she was absolutely humiliated. She hid in the bathroom while I cleaned things up.

If she'd looked down her nose at me as though I should be dancing a jig at the chance to clean up her mess, then she'd be right up their with the corn queen.

Comment

Working...
                              X