This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you no understand?

This is not so much sucky, but it made me laugh, so here it is!

Ok, so for those of you who don't know I'm a receptionist at a social club, for the story's sake let's call it the Archie Football Club.

List of characters.

Me:
    SC: Old man with strong accent
    IG: Insurance Guy
    IGCW: Insurance Guy's Co-Worker

SC approaches my desk holding the membership card for an insurance company (NRMA) and shoves it in my face.

SC: NRMA!!
    Me: <blank stare>
    SC: NRMA!!!!!!!
    Me: What about them?
    SC: <suddenly learning how to speak full sentences> my car broke down outside and I need to call NRMA.
    Me: No worries <so I call the number on the back of his card & transfer the call to phone for members to use for incoming calls>

About 5 mins later SC approaches me again, forgetting how to speak normally again.

SC: Street!!
    Me: What?
    SC: Street! What street!
    Me: Oh, we're on Smith St.

He goes away & comes back a few seconds later.

SC: Idiots! You tell them!!
    Me: Ok... <I pick up the phone> Hello Bubsy Speaking?
    IG: Hey what street are you on?
    Me: Smith st.
    IG: How do you spell that?
    Me: Serious? Ok S. M. I. T. H.
    IG: Oh! <giggles a little> umm... I can't find any Garagie on or near Smith st? How to you spell Garagie?
    Me: It's Archie, A. R. C. H. I. E.
    IGCW:<heard yelling the background> G'DAY MATE!! WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    IG: <laughing> Thanks so much, I'm really sorry, we just couldn't understand him.
    Me: <in full earshot of SC> No, it's ok, I couldn't understand him either, don't worry.
    IG: Thanks again, we'll be there shortly.
    Me: Thanks. <to SC> They will be here shortly.
    SC: HAHA! Idiots! How they no understand Garagie?!

I just smile & walked away.

Huh, must be related to the woman that asked me for directions today. She had directions and a store name for a job interview she said she was here for, but I couldn't read her writing nor really understand her accent. I only got that she was applying for a medical position, which is weird because the address was ours but we have no doctors; only an eyeglass store and a pharmacy and eye center in another. I assumed she wanted the 2nd store and told her she might try there.

Seriously, how do you go to a job interview not knowing the name of the store you're applying to, or where it is!? Plus, she was in shorts and a t-shirt. Not sure if that's the look they're going for.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Well, at least the SC wasn't complaining about his hovercraft being full of eels...

No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

A Python reference is always nice in the morning.
        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
          Well, at least the SC wasn't complaining about his hovercraft being full of eels...

Would you like to come to my place, bouncy bouncy?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Would you like to come to my place, bouncy bouncy?
            Drop your panties, Sir William, I cannot wait for lunchtime.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
              Drop your panties, Sir William, I cannot wait for lunchtime.
              ..And now for something completely different.

The Larch...
              *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Working...
              X