This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double discount debauchery

Every year our store gives the employees discount on christmas goods worth double what we would normally get. Great says you! Mmmm.....

Mother of staff member comes storming up to CSD. Shouting, swearing, generally giving off stink.

Me:
    BF: bi*ch face

Me: Hi, can I help you
    BF: I want a refund on everything I've just bought
    Me:
    BF: I want my double discount and that moron on the checkouts wouldn't give it to me, told me I had to go to two designated tills...
    Me: Yes, the procedure is that only two tills are set up to allow the discount
    BF: Do I look like I'm fu**ing psychic?
    Me: please don't speak to me like that, the first thing I did when I came to get my stuff was ask what way it was being run.
    BF: I'll speak to you any way I damn please, fu**ing moron, you'd have to be to work here...
    Me: Ummm, your daughter works here, that's why you have a discount card and I'll bet you any money you wouldn't want someone speaking to her the way you've just spoken to me.
    BF: You have an attitude problem
    Me: Only when I have to deal with people like you.. now if you'll excuse me I'll get my manager to deal with you because I certainly don't have to take this.

So I explained to manager what had happened and she dealt with BF. She did get her discount but was told in no uncertain terms that she couldn't speak to staff like that and that the discount is a perk not a god given right and that it could be removed at any time.....

Bet she'll be nicer next time (oh and the amount involved? A lousy £4)

Quoth shelly2jn View Post
    Bet she'll be nicer next time
    I would not bet money on that, if I were you.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
      I would not bet money on that, if I were you.
      My bet too. I would have asked her to leave store and then called cops if she didn't. Let the daughter explain to pops why his behavior was unacceptable.

Comment

BF: I'll speak to you any way I damn please, fu**ing moron, you'd have to be to work here...
        Me: Ummm, your daughter works here

Makes me wonder how she talks to her daughter.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Makes me wonder how she talks to her daughter.
          I would imagine rather condescendingly.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

So she clearly does not approve of her daughter's choice of profession, but hey, might as well use her for the discount anyway, huh?
            "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
            -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I'd say that she was damn lucky that Store Policy allowed her to use the discount.

Is it normally allowed that certain relatives of employees can use it, or is the employee a minor child still living under Mommy Dearest's roof?

"I TOLD you!! No! Wire! Hangers! EVAH!!

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                I'd say that she was damn lucky that Store Policy allowed her to use the discount.

Is it normally allowed that certain relatives of employees can use it, or is the employee a minor child still living under Mommy Dearest's roof?

"I TOLD you!! No! Wire! Hangers! EVAH!!

Mike
                This is what I was thinking, no one is permitted to use my discount but me.

Comment

The rules at our store is that the employee can nominate one other user who has to be a member of their household, ie mum, dad, husband etc etc. It can be a bit of a pain because we have to ask for ID and then it's all "don't you know me, I'm so and so's husband, wife, whatever" But after a while you do get to know the staff's family members, it's just tiresome for new employees!

Comment

So....I take it she would be including her daughter?
                    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
                      So....I take it she would be including her daughter?
                      You know, they say that the apple doesn't land far from the tree.... birds of a feather and all that too...

-Joe

Comment

I read the title as "double discount douchebaggery." I think it fits better.

Comment

Working...
                        X