• early check in

11 AM

Guest: Dave, is my place ready?

Me: lemme check, no sir not yet

Guest: when will it be ready?

Me: check in is not until 4 so I cant guarantee it would be ready by then

Guest: that didnt answer my question, I want to know when it will be ready

Me: like I said, check in is at 4

Guest: 4 is unacceptable, Dave.....I want to do my grocery shopping and grt started here.....I cant wait until 4

Me: well I dont know its ready until it comes up on my screen

Guest: fine, when can I call back

Me: try maybe an an hour or two

Guest: an hour or..............are you serious? I am expected to wait until almost 1 PM..thats a whole day almost gone

Me: sorry sir

20 minutes later

Guest: Dave, its been two hours, please tell me it's ready

Me: its not sir

Guest: well can I just pick the keys up if I promise not to go in?

Me: no sir

Guest: Dave, why are you being such a jerk?

Me: I'm not sir

Guest: Dave, I will ask again, when can I get in my place?

Me: 4 PM is the check in time

Guest: and I told you that wasnt acceptable......so when is the check in time?

Me: 4 PM

Guest: ok we're gonna keep playing this game until you get it right, when is the check in time?

Me: no sir, we arent playing a game, 4 PM is check in

Guest: Dave, you have no idea what I would like to do to you right now.....I am so angry....GO TO HELL ASSHOLE

Just what do you think you're doing Dave?

Stop Dave.

Stop.

Please stop Dave.

I'm losing my mind Dave.

I can feel it.

I can feel it Dave.

Please stop.

Would you like me to sing you a song Dave?

It's called "Daisy".
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

Guest: ok we're gonna keep playing this game until you get it right, when is the check in time?

Guest: Dave, you have no idea what I would like to do to you right now.....I am so angry....GO TO HELL ASSHOLE
      How about check in is half past monkey's ass, quarter past his balls. He has no idea what you and and I would like to do to him.... What a jackass.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        How about check in is half past monkey's ass, quarter past his balls.
        "Do you understand English?" NO!
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It amuses me how many of these upstanding citizens end their calls by cursing at you. Have they never heard of calling ahead? Almost every time I have called a day or two ahead at a hotel or resort and politely requested an early check in, they have been very helpful. Oh wait... prior planning... VRS's customers don't do that. They just call or show up and demand absolute obedience.
          Last edited by Salesmonkey; 09-19-2009, 08:15 PM. Reason: my keyboard is going out and typing wrong.
          "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
            It amuses me how many of these upstanding citizens end their calls by cursing at you. Have they never heard of calling ahead? Almost every time I have called a day or two ahead at a hotel or resort and politely requested an early check in, they have been very helpful. Oh wait... prior planning... VRS's customers don't do that. They just call or show up and demand absolute obedience.
            What are these words "prior" and "planning"...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Wow, that guy is a total doucheasaurus.

I'd be telling that guy

"I don't care how much you try to intimidate me. The check in time is 4pm. Period. Any further conversation to try to change this is a waste of my time. Unless you have anything else to discuss, hang up the phone. I have other customers that I need to help."
              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

You want to play a game, ok Check in time is 5pm. Next time you ask it will be 6.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                  You want to play a game, ok Check in time is 5pm. Next time you ask it will be 6.
                  Seconded.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                    Just what do you think you're doing Dave?

Stop Dave.

Stop.

Please stop Dave.

I'm losing my mind Dave.

I can feel it.

I can feel it Dave.

Please stop.

Would you like me to sing you a song Dave?

It's called "Daisy".

pizza and mt. dew on my keyboard!

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post

Hmm that did work on my kids between 5 and 8 years old. Which leads me to beleive it won't work on EW's. Kids are more logical than EW's. sad

Comment

Then there was the time I wanted to check in early. 6 hours early, at 8:00 am instead of 2:00 pm. You know what they told me? "Let's check. Okay, we can do that if you don't mind a ground floor room."

What was my trick? I was NOT being sucky about it. I didn't tell them to do it, I politely asked if it was possible, after calling ahead a few days before asking if it was at all possible. They had it on file that I was coming in on a red-eye, that I had asked if I could (and stated I would be perfectly okay with an "it isn't possible" answer) etc, etc.

I have found that most people in the service industry will gladly bend the rules for customers IF the customers are nice about it and are willing to work within the (bent) rules.

As to "we'll play this game until you get it right?" I'd have responded "well, then the games over as 4pm IS the right answer!"
                        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Say it with me...

"Sorry sir, the previous occupant has been given a late check out by my manager. Normal checkout time is 11, and normal check in is 4, so you will definitely have access by 9pm. Thank you for your call."

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
                            Say it with me...

"Sorry sir, the previous occupant has been given a late check out by my manager. Normal checkout time is 11, and normal check in is 4, so you will definitely have access by 9pm. Thank you for your call."
                            I like it.

Comment

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
                              It amuses me how many of these upstanding citizens end their calls by cursing at you.
                              I was thinking the same thing. It's quite amazing.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X