This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant People Make My Day...Not

So we have this little policy where I work that there is no sitting in the fire lanes around the stores. Anywhere. Anywhere with a yellow curb. And there are signs. Signs that say 'No parking fire lane' and 'No parking, sitting, stopping at any time.' We give people a few minutes to move, because maybe they're just dropping someone off or loading. We're not horrible people.

I'm doing my tour and see a car sitting in the fire lane. I look at the clock, drive around some more, and after 3-minutes drive around to the car because it hasn't moved yet. This is how it went:

"Excuse me sir, could you please find a parking spot?"
    "I'm waiting for someone!"
    "I'm sorry, but there's no parking in the fire lane." I drive-on and hear the guy yell "Well EVERYBODY else does it all the time!"

I drive around a little more, and several minutes later notice the car hasn't moved, and now he's chatting with another car that's pulled-up. Since I've given him a warning, he now has 5-minutes to move until I write a ticket. So I drive back over to give him a 2nd warning; something I'm NOT obligated to do. As I drive-up, I see a girl get in his car and he finally pulls-away from the curb. As he passes me he yells

"PUNK ASS BITCH!!"

I got his car make and tag. I pray he comes back and does something else to piss me off so I CAN ticket him.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Nice. Back when I was doing security we would get this all the time. Seems so obvious...don't park in the fire lane. "Well, I'm not parked, I'm in neutral." Sooo many times I wanted to just yank people out of the cars and beat them.
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I'm sure we've learned the valuable lesson of 'no more than one warning'
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

We had a fire lane where I used to work. There were only two people who ever parked in that lane. The owner, and her daughter.

And we did need that lane on several occasions.

Comment

Considering that the store can get fined for letting people block the fire lane, it amazes me that more stores aren't pro-active about keeping it clear.

I've been known to make rude and snarky comments to people stopped in the fire lane. If your car is off, then you're in the wrong place. The only time I don't do that is if it's some place like Best Buy and they've got something that needs to be loaded, but at a grocery store, there is absolutely no excuse.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Even if something needs to be loaded, it's no excuse to park in the fire lane. It's a safety hazard. The guy needs to realize that there is no excuse to block a fire lane even if they have to pick up someone or get a huge TV in their car. He was out of line.

Comment

I got called "BITCH!" more times than I can count when I worked security and told people to move out of the fire lane.

Around here people park in the fire lanes at the pharmacy and grocery store all the time. I sometimes walk by and say "It must suck to not be able to read" but I doubt they get the connection.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

One of these days, I want to hear a story where a fire truck came roaring in full blast and knocked one of these jerks clear out of the fire lane, while doing significant damage to their car. Given the significant difference in mass, my money's on the fire truck.
                A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                  One of these days, I want to hear a story where a fire truck came roaring in full blast and knocked one of these jerks clear out of the fire lane, while doing significant damage to their car. Given the significant difference in mass, my money's on the fire truck.
                  Saw that happen once. Truck needed a new bumper, car needed a new everything. (it was twisted into a vague pretzel-like shape)

Needless to say, there was much amusement.

Comment

Personally, I'd settle for a real-life re-enactment of the Bimmer scene from the movie "Backdraft".

(For those not familiar with the movie, some self-important jackass's shiny BMW is parked in a fire lane, and a fire breaks out across the street. Firefighters smash out the windows to run the hose through the now-open car windows, to get to the hydrant it was blocking.)
                    No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

If I am understanding correctly, the "BMW with a firehose through it" picture is a scene from Backdraft? It's all over the Internet, and a lot of people like to claim it's shopped.

Considering that THIS OTHER FORUM has a shot from the other side, as well as several other shots of fire hoses running through busted windows (including one car with a magnetic sign declaring the owner to be mayor O.o ), I'm glad I was on the side declaring it legit, albeit staged.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Seen it! Walmart someone parked in fire lane, went inside, a fire broke out, and 911 was called. fire truck pulled up to bumper of car, and floored it, broke the transmission of the little car, and it went flying out of the way. wish i had a camera that day!

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                        Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                        pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
                          Personally, I'd settle for a real-life re-enactment of the Bimmer scene from the movie "Backdraft".

(For those not familiar with the movie, some self-important jackass's shiny BMW is parked in a fire lane, and a fire breaks out across the street. Firefighters smash out the windows to run the hose through the now-open car windows, to get to the hydrant it was blocking.)
                          We all know that BMW means "Break My Windows", dont' we?
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
                            Seen it! Walmart someone parked in fire lane, went inside, a fire broke out, and 911 was called. fire truck pulled up to bumper of car, and floored it, broke the transmission of the little car, and it went flying out of the way. wish i had a camera that day!
                            Totally beautiful. It's good to see people getting what they deserve. I'd love to see pictures of that.
                            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              If I am understanding correctly, the "BMW with a firehose through it" picture is a scene from Backdraft? It's all over the Internet, and a lot of people like to claim it's shopped.
                              A lot of people like to claim things are shopped. A lot of people are idiots. The two categories have a lot of convergence.

I've not seen Backdraft in ages now, so I couldn't tell you if the photo (which I dug up in Google) is from the movie, and Youtube isn't my friend today, but that there are shots of the result wouldn't really surprise me.
                              No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Working...
                              X