This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pesos Con Dollars.

Once again I'm sick as as a dog with another cold...but it was fun yesterday telling customers I have H1N1 and watching them back off or take their purchases by the fingertips or just at me. Heeheehee.

Scruffy woman comes up to my register and has a cell phone minute card. She slaps it on the counter. I ring it in and tell her her total.

"Do you accept singles?" </bitchy tone>

I hesitate a second because my till's already full up with ones. But I say sure.

"OH, so NOW you accept CURRENCY? As opposed to what? PESOS?!?!?" </end super bitch tone>

I say nothing.

She counts out nice ones and slaps them down. I count them through and say I'm a dollar short.

"WELL, I counted those TWICE!!!"

"One, Two, Three..." Going through them again, right in front of her.

"Fuck, you know what, fine. HERE!!!" *slaps down another dollar and huffs off*.

There's a lady from <America's Bank Currently Dropping A Direction Of The Compass From It's Name> behind her and I say, "What is HER problem?"

Lady says, "Yeah I get those too. They have the gall to say I'm rude when I'm trying to help them."

Also, apparently said lady reads this site every so often, so Hi!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Quoth ralerin View Post
    "OH, so NOW you accept CURRENCY? As opposed to what? PESOS?!?!?" Hi!
    Who what now? Why would she assume you don't take cash?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

As I said, I hesitated before I said yes I'll take her singles. But it's still a very random comment.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

You mean I brought my tradin' goat.....FER NUTHIN'??
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          "Do you accept singles?" </bitchy tone>
          "Of course, madam. We accept everyone here who pays. You marital status is irrelevant.

"Just because it is obvious that you are such that no man ever would want to spend five minutes - let alone the rest of his life - with you, doesn't mean we won't accept YOU as long as you are buying something."

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Out of curiosity does your store not accept 50s or 100s? If that's the case she might have been told no on those at one point and is being snide about the singles. Bitchy either way, you take what you take.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
              You mean I brought my tradin' goat.....FER NUTHIN'??
              Here in my neck of the woods, it's chickens and produce.

Personally I think that SC just needed a good piece . . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

i'm thinking valium; there's a bit of tension and other that sex may not cure.

she has a name and it rhymes with a small boat...
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

We accept 50's and 100's...kinda have to. But either way, she was a jerk.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                    "OH, so NOW you accept CURRENCY? As opposed to what? PESOS?!?!?"
                    But...pesos are still currency. What a dumb bitch...

Comment

"OH, so NOW you accept CURRENCY? As opposed to what? PESOS?!?!?" </end super bitch tone>
                      "No, unfortunately the company has barred me from accepting this thing you call "currency". However I will accept the following: Souls, Japanese Candy, and anything related to Shin Megami Tensi. Anime is also acceptable....but so help you if it's dubbed."
                      *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Thinking back on this, pesos ARE currency. Just not American.
                        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Maybe the wad of singles she brought in to pay with the last time was still oily from her, um, pole routine and they weren't accepted.
                          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Well, in the US you can still pay taxes 'in kind' which means if you raise goats, you can pay your taxes in goats/goats milk/goat cheese, bee keepers can pay in honey.

I want a small llama herd so I can pay in llamas =)

It is an old practice dating back to subsistance farming, where you raised pretty much everything you needed and didn't have an outside job for cash money - got to love the barter economy of our past =)
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

So that means I can pay in chickens/eggs/meat if I raise chickens or zucchini (aubergine)/tomatoes/okra/carrots if I raise vegetables? Sweet!

I can just imagine the scene at the tax office if someone does do that, though.

"Here's a basket of vegetables."
                              "Um, we don't accept that."
                              "Yes you do! The US accepts taxes in kind, which means these vegetables are legal tender!"
                              "Um, no. We accept cash, credit, debit, money order..."
                              "I'm gonna call the police and report you for flouting federal law! *insert SC stomping around in a huff here*

Comment

Working...
                              X