This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Christmas Candy SC

My project tonight after ad was to purge Christmas candy, and that reminded me of a story from last year.

Last year, due to the buyers badly underestimating the demand for Christmas candy, we were pretty much picked clean by St Nick's night. On the morning before St Nick came, I was working and had the unique pleasure of helping this dumb cow.

Me: People magazine's sexiest man alive
    DC: dumb cow

DC: Do you have any more holiday Snickers?
    Me: I'm afraid not, but we have the regular Snickers.
    DC: I need the holiday Snickers! It's for St. Nick!
    Me: Sorry, but we're sold out and we won't be getting any more in. All we have are the regular Snickers.
    DC: Well then, I'll just have to go to Wal-Mart and get them! (stomps off)

Whisky tango foxtrot? What difference does it make if your candy comes in the regular wrapper or a "festive" red and green one? None! It all comes from the same factory and tastes the same! Trust me, Junior will be happy to get whatever candy he gets, no matter what the wrapper looks like! And if he doesn't then maybe he shouldn't get anything from St Nick until he learns some freaking gratitude!

End Lewis Black-esque rant. I feel better now.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Where do you live? My family does St. Nick night, too, on the 5th. We're from Wisconsin and now live in Ohio, where if you mention stockings on the 5th, people look at you like you're crazy and/or have a look of awe over early presents.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      What difference does it make if your candy comes in the regular wrapper or a "festive" red and green one? None! It all comes from the same factory and tastes the same!
      Plus the holiday candies always seem smaller and more expensive than the regular ones.
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth phoenix_rising View Post
        Where do you live? My family does St. Nick night, too, on the 5th. We're from Wisconsin and now live in Ohio, where if you mention stockings on the 5th, people look at you like you're crazy and/or have a look of awe over early presents.
        I'm from Wisconsin.
        Maybe St. Nick is a German thing?

Comment

I believe its a dutch thing lovingly brought over to you Wisconsiners by Dutch settlers :P We celebrate Sinterklaas on the 5th and then Christmas on the 25th. Sinterklaas = St. Nick here. Santa Claus doesnt. Confusing, no? :P Basically, the dutch invented Sinterklaas/St Nick, he was brought over to America, changed to Santa Claus, Coca-cola gave him those spiffy red threads, and the Dutch.. thinking it was a whole different person... took him back for Christmas :P

Comment

I'm from Wisconsin.
            Maybe St. Nick is a German thing?
            Nope, if it were, it would be part of Cincinatti traditions. Lot's of German settlers here, and reportedly the second-largest Oktoberfest worldwide. Oh, and the worlds biggest chicken dance.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

DC: Do you have any more holiday Snickers?
              Me: I'm afraid not, but we have the regular Snickers.
              DC: I need the holiday Snickers! It's for St. Nick!
              Me: Sorry, but we're sold out and we won't be getting any more in. All we have are the regular Snickers.
              DC: Well then, I'll just have to go to Wal-Mart and get them! (stomps off)
              What, you didn't offer to sell her some regular Snickers, and some red and green paints?
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                What, you didn't offer to sell her some regular Snickers, and some red and green paints?
                Lamentably no.

These things never come to me at the right time.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  Nope, if it were, it would be part of Cincinatti traditions. Lot's of German settlers here, and reportedly the second-largest Oktoberfest worldwide. Oh, and the worlds biggest chicken dance.
                  Im from Cincinnati too and When I was a kid I got small gifts for St nicks. My mom still does that for my nieces and nephews I think What part Of Cincinnati you in? Im in Colerain home of The Cardinals
                  The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

Go Bengals! I have family in Amelia, right outside Cincinnati myself.. but I never got anything from St Nick till I moved to Holland.

Comment

Working...
                    X