This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsupported

i work for convergys but cant say what company but i can tell you this situation i had mayb you had it also.

phone chimes in cust

ME: my name is blah blah blah

sc: i want to speak to a manager

this is just one of the many stories of the rude caveman customers i have this cust was a female btw.

me: can i have soem information so the manager can look at your account

sc: absolutelyyyy not. (he really extended that word as if he was about to comply)

me: (wishing i could stab these people in there thick skulls) i apologized and said we cannot transfer a csut with out appropriate knowledge of accout info.

sc: F this F that F my company and pass me to your manager NOW needle D***

me: i thought to my self i can just hang up right now and get written up for it or show empathy. so ofcourse i scarcastically showed empathy

sc: fine ill just tell you everything

me: BADA BING, BADA BOOM! the idiot had his modem on stand by and i wasted 50 min on the phone waiting for him to budge. of course he said more words in those 50 minutes but yea some people just need to stick to freaking smoke signals.
    CONVERGYS/COMCAST'S FINEST OVER THE PHONE SLAVE "TAKING CRAP FROM EACH CUSTOMER WITH HALF OF WHAT THE REAL EMPLOYEE FROM COMCAST GETS PAID AND A SMILE AND AN APOLOGY!

Comcast account?
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Welcome to CS!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Welcome to CS. As a former tech support rep myself, I feel your pain. I hope your job search is going well.

sc: F this F that F my company and pass me to your manager NOW needle D***
        "You can crap on Red-Checkmark Telco all you want. Do not crap on ME. Crap on me again and I will terminate this call."

And I woulda been completely within my rights to say such. I would've given one more warning but after that, next one would've been *click*. Fortunately, I rarely had to do that. In more than two years there I terminated maybe two calls. I did hand one who had accused me of racism off to a sup though.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

LOL I did the same gig in st louis. I used to refer to them as bombast or bombingfast.

I feel your pain....

Comment

you know, stories like this make me so happy that I didn't end up getting a job at convergys... though the commute there would be a lot better than to where I work now (or all the places I've applied oddly enough).
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Man, that's why I don't miss 'vergys. one of the worst jobs I've ever had. Got rid of that job and moved to Utah, and end up taking a job next to them (we've since moved), but still. Can't escape that miserable company.
              Coworker: Distro of choice?
              Me: Gentoo.
              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
                Man, that's why I don't miss 'vergys. one of the worst jobs I've ever had. Got rid of that job and moved to Utah, and end up taking a job next to them (we've since moved), but still. Can't escape that miserable company.
                I never even worked for them and I still avoid the building... I will go out of my way to avoid 45th south between 5th west and Redwood just to avoid seeing them.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  I never even worked for them and I still avoid the building... I will go out of my way to avoid 45th south between 5th west and Redwood just to avoid seeing them.
                  I actually meant the one in Orem. Host of Blue used to be there in Canyon Park next to verio and 'vergys...we've since moved the call center to Provo.

Comment

I actually meant the one in Orem.
                    Oh, well I try to avoid Orvo all together though

OK, so I don't avoid it, but I have no reason to go there... I live in Murray, work by the airport, shop in South Salt Lake, go to school in Taylorsville, and have very little reason to go further south than any of those (besides, I know that my kind isn't exactly welcomed south of the point of the mountain).

Comment

Oh, well I try to avoid Orvo all together though

OK, so I don't avoid it, but I have no reason to go there... I live in Murray, work by the airport, shop in South Salt Lake, go to school in Taylorsville, and have very little reason to go further south than any of those (besides, I know that my kind isn't exactly welcomed south of the point of the mountain).
                      Your kind? I'm a non mormon Texan living deep in mormon land. If it weren't for my Californian wife I'd lose my mind. Seems to be more "our kind" :-P

Comment

Your kind?
                        I'm a gay ex-mormon with a wiccan boyfriend... i'm pretty sure we'd be shot on sight in Utah county

eta- and we're 'fat' which apparently in City Center is nearly as bad of a sin as being gay

Comment

Yeah, probably for the best that you don't venture down here.

As a side note, I'm good at getting that "you heathen!" look. :-D

Comment

Quoth convergyssucks View Post
                            i work for convergys
                            You have my condolonces. I survived a year at that company. Longest 12 months of my life.
                            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I'm a gay ex-mormon with a wiccan boyfriend... i'm pretty sure we'd be shot on sight in Utah county

eta- and we're 'fat' which apparently in City Center is nearly as bad of a sin as being gay
                              When did you get fat? After your pictures was taken, I suppose .

Comment

Working...
                              X