This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• negotiating the check out time

Guest: yea Dave, I am supposed to check out today and I know checkout is 10 AM but I will need my check out extended until 5 PM because we have a late flight

Me: I can only give you until noon unless you want to pay for another day

Guest: and why would I do that?

Me: because normal check out is 10 but we can give you an extra two hours

Guest: ok Dave, I am a repeat customer and I am due some flexibility

Me: noon is the latest I can do

Guest: well Dave, noon is not sufficient

Me: well I am very sorry but I cant go past that unless you pay for an extra day

Guest: Dave, I just told you noon wont work and I am not paying for an extra day. I think you can give me until 5 PM as a goodwill gesture

Me: I cant

Guest: I spend a lot of money down here so basically you are telling me to take my fucking money elsewhere...and yes I meant to say the f word because I am pissed. You arent even attempting to work with me

Me: we gave you two extra hours

Guest: Dave, do you understand english? Did you not hear me, your customer, tell you two more hours wont cut it?

Me: yes ma'am and did you not hear me say you if you want to stay past noon, you will have to pay for an extra day?

Guest: who do you think you are to speak to me like that? You know what, fine, you want us to be out by noon, we will be out by noon but you can better believe we will never come here again and I WILL spread the word about you. I will make sure that everyone hears about how horribly you treat your customers. You know what, since we have to rush out of here at noon, you cant hold us responsible for this place being trashed. Thank you and go to hell.....CLICK

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
    Thank you and go to hell.....CLICK
    Too bad she hung up before you had a chance to tell her you're already there.

Hopefully you'll be lucky & she'll make good on her promise to not come back.
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

no, she will be back I'm sure and she will probably try to pull the same thing again

Comment

Funny I haven't heard anything about how an vacation place is awful for not breaking their rules soooooo bunch of smoke does she have.

Comment

If they trash the place, can't you bill/fine them?

Comment

you cant hold us responsible for this place being trashed.
            Isn't that the reason we get a credit card on file before renting you a room/cabin/whatever? So, if you rack up any fees after you leave, we can still charge you for them?
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

What I wonder is why she is rushed because of a late flight. They should have lots of time even after checkout time. I hope she is held responsible after thrashing the place .

Comment

I always tell guests, "So when the guests who are checking into that room tonight want to check-in at 2pm and are irate that their room isn't ready, I'll just put them through to you so you can explain why they have to wait, right?" I've found that script to be surprisingly effective at shutting the guest up and getting them out.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

no, she will be back I'm sure and she will probably try to pull the same thing again
                  True. I'd heard that line myself more than once back in my retail hell days, and more times than not they were back in there the following week spreading their sunshine around.
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I hope they trash that room and I hope you charge them out the ass to get it cleaned up. I don't understand all these idiots you get that don't understand the concept of a checkout or check in time. These exist for a reason.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Geeze, Dave from what pit of dispair does your company dredge these customers up from?!?

I'm sure they could find plenty to do for a few hours, since they'll probably need to get to the airport 2-hours early anyway to get through security.
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Personally, I keep wondering about the mentality of a customer that will make some demand and ask that it be done "just as a favor," because they're extra special and just SO nice...and then, when that favor can't be performed due to contravening several laws of thermodynamics, instantly turn into raging BUNTHOLES. Like that's going to make me any more likely to perform a favor for you.

And yes, if they trashed the place, bill the hell out of them. I'm used to check out times at 10 AM when I have an afternoon or evening train. Know what? I plan ahead to deal with it. If that means sitting on my luggage in a lounge, so be it.

Love, Who?

Comment

I don't know about Dave's place there, but many places will store luggage for you if you don't want to leave it in the car or don't have a car. But the last time I checked, isn't that what the trunk is for?

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                            I don't know about Dave's place there, but many places will store luggage for you if you don't want to leave it in the car or don't have a car. But the last time I checked, isn't that what the trunk is for?
                            Or even check the bags at the airport. There is no law or regulation requiring a traveler to make a beeline for the metal detectors right after checking baggage.
                            Quoth LillFilly View Post
                            I'm sure they could find plenty to do for a few hours, since they'll probably need to get to the airport 2-hours early anyway to get through security.
                            They can still mill around town--catch a movie, have a good meal, whatever. Of course 'sense' and SC don't really belong in the same sentence.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                              Of course 'sense' and SC don't really belong in the same sentence.
                              Unless SC means Senseless Customer.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X