X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats just not right

Guest: Dave, I need a pet friendly property

Me: ok I have one and here is your total with the taxes and fees and nonrefundable pet deposit

Guest: pet deposit? whats that for?

Me: anytime you have a dog, you have to pay a pet deposit

Guest: ok well my dog is housebroke and very well behaved so I'd like to waive the pet deposit

Me: you have to pay a pet deposit if youre bringing a dog

Guest: well thats just not right....anywhere else I have gone, the pet deposit was optional

Me: well it is optional....but if you dont pay it, you cant bring the dog

Guest: what if I didnt pay it but brought my dog anyway?

Me: then we would require you to leave with no refund

Guest: thats not fair....you are not very kind, I have to say

Me: I am sorry you feel that way

Guest: well I am not renting with you and I will make sure nobody else does either, thank you and goodbye CLICK

...wow... just wow.... You really do get some gems. honestly how do you NOT expect to pay a deposit? I thought it was a given or something...
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
      Guest: well thats just not right....anywhere else I have gone, the pet deposit was optional

Me: well it is optional....but if you dont pay it, you cant bring the dog
      PERFECT response, sir.

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Wow, this is one of your nicest callers ever! She didn't call you any names and let you go with just a little argument. Perhaps things are turning around for you.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Sucky, but not to such a higher degree like the other EW's you always get.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Hopefully, all her friends are EWs as well, so if she tells then not to rent from you, your EW count will diminish....but then we wouldn't get your tales of woe, so your readers would lose out too.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Wow, that one was rather tame compared to most of the ones you had previously.

Comment

I have to agree with everyone else, she's pretty tamed to the stories we usually get from you. Still and EW though.

Just out of curiosity, is the pet deposit at your rental properties refunded after an inspection, or is that non-refundable as well? I know different places do it differently.
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I hope they call back, say they don't have a pet.. rent it and try to sneak the dog in.. and then get thrown from the place without a refund.

That would be pure win right there.
                  Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                    Guest: what if I didnt pay it but brought my dog anyway?

Me: then we would require you to leave with no refund

Guest: thats not fair....
                    That sounds quite fair to me -- She knows the rules, she acknowledges that she heard and understood them, and then she (potentially) violates them. Breach of contract on her part if she goes thru with it, that's all on her ^_^
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

pet deposit optional? i'm calling bullshit on that one and i'm betting that fluffy snuggums is the nastiest, most obnoxious beast on the planet.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                        pet deposit optional? i'm calling bullshit on that one and i'm betting that fluffy snuggums is the nastiest, most obnoxious beast on the planet.
                        I'll give you even money on that one. Seriously though, even apartments I've rented require a pet deposit--why not a vacation rental.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

There are not too many ways of doing this: either you set your rental prices in order to account for damage that might be done by pets, or you don't and require a pet deposit...
                          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                            even apartments I've rented require a pet deposit...
                            The new(est) management company of my apartment complex requires a $500 nonrefundable fee for someone with a pet (cat or dog, we're not talking fish or birds here), and on top of that, a $300 refundable pet deposit.

I love cats, and some dogs, but right now I am sure glad I don't have any!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              The new(est) management company of my apartment complex requires a $500 nonrefundable fee for someone with a pet (cat or dog, we're not talking fish or birds here), and on top of that, a $300 refundable pet deposit.
                              Your management company has never encountered renters with birds, lizards, or snakes, then. All those animals can stink to high heaven if not kept properly (sometimes even if they are). Hell, even an aquarium can make a costly mess when they crack and leak 40+ gallons of salt water into a downstairs flat.

You don't want to know what kind of damage an escaped (released?) litter of baby rats can do, either.
                              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                              X