This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *shudder*

so today...we found poo smeared on the wall of our ladies room.
    and i had to clean it up.
    not cool customers...not cool.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

My friend who worked at Timho's once found several pieces of feces stacked like Lincoln Logs on the toilet paper dispenser.

She had to clean it up, but the question on all our minds was always "Who would do that?" I mean someone literally made a log cabin structure out of poo, with probably their bare hands.

So, people are messed up.

*Offers you some hand sanitizer and a milkshake*
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I'm sorry; it's sad isn't it? Where I work that is almost a daily occurence in the lady's room; ironically enough. I also can't figure how women urinate all over the seats! I think they're afraid to sit down on the 'germy seats' (that are cleaned every hour) and try to 'hover.'

It doesn't work!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        I'm sorry; it's sad isn't it? Where I work that is almost a daily occurence in the lady's room; ironically enough. I also can't figure how women urinate all over the seats! I think they're afraid to sit down on the 'germy seats' (that are cleaned every hour) and try to 'hover.'

It doesn't work!
        that's just icky...you guys should have those paper toilet seat covers. they're handy.
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

I've never understood public-restroom-seat-o-phobia. Your bum is already so hopelessly saturated with nastiness that only a thorough scrubbing with bleach, along with maybe sandpaper, is going to sterilize THAT... A few germs from a seat that appears clean enough is not going to hurt anything, given how unsanitary you already are.

Sure, if the seat is visibly encrusted with nasty, I'm not going to go near it, with, or without a cover, but otherwise, it just isn't a big deal. A few drops of pee... I just wipe it off with some TP and toss it in the bowl and then proceed as normal. With the aim of the guys where I work, I'd never get to use the jon if I didn't.

SirWired

P.S. Fun Fact: Unless somebody is currently suffering from a urinary tract infection, urine is quite sterile. (The things you learn when your cat has kidney disease...) Not that I'm suggesting you drink it, but if the toilet seat happens to harbor some invisible residue from somebody else, it's totally harmless.

P.S.S. Another Fun Fact: If the restroom you are using is not equipped with toilet seat covers, for Pete's sake, don't use paper towels as one, and then proceed to overflow the plumbing with them. One time, some wonderful soul managed to use some amount that happened to get through the toilet and then proceeded to clog the main line, which proceeded to back up through every floor drain in the building.

Comment

Unless you have open sores on your butt, sitting on a toilet seat is not going to result in you getting some gross flesh-eating infection.

On the other hand, building a log cabin out of your own poo will most likely result in SOMETHING nasty - ew!
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Now we can't be sure the person who did it used... You know what, nevermind. I'm really over thinking the thoughts and actions of an obvious unstable person. I'm just happy I wasn't working there.

Did you know women's public washrooms are a messier and more disgusting than the men's room?
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                P.S. Fun Fact: Unless somebody is currently suffering from a urinary tract infection, urine is quite sterile. (The things you learn when your cat has kidney disease...) Not that I'm suggesting you drink it, but if the toilet seat happens to harbor some invisible residue from somebody else, it's totally harmless.
                a) It's sterile when it leaves the body. It is also wet (duh) and warm making it an ideal place for bacteria so it won't be sterile for long if there are any germs nearby.

b) You shouldn't drink it because it is minerally impure - that's kind of the point. The kidneys filter all the things we don't want in out bodies and we flush them out with the pee. People do drink urine believing it gives health beneifts, but generally stick to once a day - but if you drank all your urine you'd be in trouble.

c) The best thing about the hovering is that women who hover are more likely to get urinary tract infections. I'm with you - my buttocks are the only thing that touch the seat and they aren't nearly as delicate as my urinary tract - though I do wonder what the women who get so funny about touching the seat do touch to the seat that requires such care

I'm baffled by the "log cabinĀ£. Never mind picking the stuff up how many "logs" can one produce ?

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
                  I'm baffled by the "log cabinĀ£. Never mind picking the stuff up how many "logs" can one produce ?
                  I just assumed they 'pinched-off' every second or so.

As for toilet seat covers, we learned people like to be assholes by taking the ENTIRE box of them and shoving them into the toilet. People will do this and shove an entire huge role of tp into the toilet too, where it expands into a huge waterlogged mess.

People are so classy.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Something about public restrooms turns human beings into apes. I need both hands to count how many times I have cleaned poo off the WALLS in my six-year bookselling career.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                      *Offers you some hand sanitizer and a milkshake*
                      *Makes sure it's not a chocolate milkshake*

Victoria, urine is generally sterile, but due to the female anatomy it also usually comes in contact with flesh that isn't (STDs anyone?). Most nasties won't last long in an open environment, but the whole hovering thing is still just dumb (unless you're using a Korean squat toilet, and then you don't have a choice). If someone is that obsessed with germs, those hand sanitizers come in spray form. Spritz the seat, wipe it down with TP, and do your business. Personally, I like the fact that my local Wally World and Costco leave cans of antibacterial spray in every stall. Gets rid of lingering smells, too.

Some places I've just had to turn around and walk out of, not matter how bad I needed to go. You think you have it rough going into dirty toilets: try it with a service dog and a walker. I cannot sanitize my wheels and her paws enough when I accidentally roll through someone's piss puddle on the floor! I shudder at the thought of what these people's homes must look like if they're willing to do this in public.
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                        I shudder at the thought of what these people's homes must look like if they're willing to do this in public.
                        At least part of the time, because it is in public, and not at home where they personally are directly affected by the results, is the reason they do behave that way. After all, once they leave the store it's Not My Problem™ territory.

Though, I suspect (without any documentation or cites to back up my suspicion) that many of them are that sloppy at home, until the point that they get bothered enough by it to do a half-ass cleaning job then go right back to their lazy ways.
                        No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Working...
                        X