Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sucky Customer also Sucky Parent...are we surprised?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Customer also Sucky Parent...are we surprised?

So this was relayed to me from one of my coworkers a few years ago and has always stood out in my head. I used to work at a mall coffee shop and our mall's bathroom entrance was directly opposite our storefront.

Lady gets in line to get her ever-important coffee. Of course, being an SC, she wishy-washies on the size and drink. Co-worker is doing his best to help her and notices her little girl, probably about 5-6, start fidgeting.

Little Girl: Mommy, I need to go to the bathroom!
    SC: Not now. *continues being annoying with coffee*
    LG: Mommyyyyyy! *kiddy peepee dance*
    SC: NOT NOW!

Of course, we all know where this is going. A cup of coffee is far more important than her little girl. Little girl soaks herself and our floor. Of course, SC practically yanks and drags her daughter out of the store. I'm so glad I wasn't there that day. I would have gone off on her.

We had a different Sucky Customer/Parent incident where a woman couldn't control her kid. He ended up breaking like two of our mugs and she was like "Do I need to pay for this?"

Uh..yes, yes you do. I tell her such. She makes a huff, grabs her kid by the arm, and flees our store quickly. I swear I saw the kid's feet leave the ground as she yanked him and ran.
    Last edited by MadMike; 10-31-2009, 05:14 PM. Reason: Removed certain references

Well, at that age, I wouldn't have known that I had to go until the very last minute. Still, the fact that she took her time ordering was sucky on it's own, especially since the kid had to pee.

Comment

At that age if my daughter needs to pee, and yes I am a parent, then my order just became unimportant I will apologize step out of line and take my child to the restroom because their health and dignity is more important than my cappucino.
      Last edited by jackfaire; 11-01-2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
        At that age if my daughter needs to pee, and yes I am a parent, then my order just became unimportant I will apologize step out of line and take my child to the restroom because their health and dignity is more important than my cappucino.
        Bingo. We wouldn't have minded.

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
          If anything, it's all the more reason to take her to the bathroom.

Comment

Poor little thing. I woulda given her a hot chocolate with all the trimmings on the house and her mommy dearest nothing but a severe stink-eye.

Comment

There's been plenty of times that Child Rum's said she had to go to the potty, and she doesn't. She just goes through the ritual. She always has to visit the toilet of every new restaurant/store we go to. Don't know why, but she does. She'll pull the "I have to go potty!" routine at least 3-4 times in an hour.

Comment

Working...
              X