This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dur...what's a CD II.

Why must I get the technologically stupid? Remember this lady? http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=4516 I think I got her long lost twin sister the other day. Similar cases, both over the phone. Here's how this one went.

SL2: The second stupid lady
    Me: Me!

SL2: I'm calling to see if you have something on CD or VHS.
    Me: Are you looking for music or a movie?
    SL2: It's neither.
    Me: So a book on tape then?
    SL2: No, it's not a book on tape, it's a program. It's called "The Joy of Stress." (That's what the last lady said, "a PROGRAM." Not particularly helpful. But since some of the self-improvement audio books aren't readings of an actual book but a motivational program by a motivational author, I figured that's what it was.)
    Me: ::types title into computer::
    SL2: I need to get the DVD if possible.
    Me: I'm sorry, ma'am, did you need it on DVD or on CD?
    SL2: What's the difference?
    Me: A CD is something you would LISTEN to, a DVD is something you would WATCH. Is it an audio book you are looking for or something to watch on TV?
    SL2: It's not an audio book, it's a program.
    Me: Okay, but is it something you would put into your stereo and listen to, or something you'd put in your TV and watch?
    SL2: It's a program on stress, put out by (blah blah whoever).
    Me: I'm still not understanding, though. Is it a program to watch or to listen to?
    SL2: (Okay, anti-climactic, but I can't remember what she said, but she finally managed to give me an answer that was still mostly vague but SOUNDED like she was talking about a TV program)
    Me: I'm sorry, ma'am, but this location doesn't carry DVD's. If you want to call one of our newer locations (rattles off the names) they might be able to help you.

Honestly, I'm still not sure if she was really talking about a TV progam or not, because I DID find a book in our computer called "The Joy of Stress" that was available as an audio book.
    Any fool can criticize, comdemn, and complain—and most do. ~ Dale Carnegie

Sarah: That's not fair!
    Jareth: You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is...

Apparently, she took great 'joy' in causing YOU 'stress'.
    Why can't people just answer a simple dang question?
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Just reading that makes me want to...
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
      X