This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fun Way to Start a Monday

We are shorthanded and busy. This seems to attract the people who won't even attempt to do the simplest thing without a comforting voice on the phone talking them through it. This call was a lot longer but I'm going to give you highlights:

Caller: OK. I read the license agreement. Should I accept it?

Me: Yes.

Caller:...

Me: Click Accept.

[The next bit of the call was her filling out a form and having me confirm, among other things, that using her name as the user name was OK. It was painful, but not as painful as what came next...]

Caller: OK. All the information is filled out. What do I do next?

Me: Click Next.

Caller: Great. It says it's finished. Now what do I do?

Me: Click Finish.

Caller: Oh. OK now it says I need to Activate.

Me: [C'mon, lady, you see the pattern, don't you? You don't need me to tell you, right? Please don't make me tell you. Do NOT make me tell you. Ah, crap. You're just sitting there expectantly, aren't you? Fine.] Click Activate.

Oh, well. She was nice. Hopefully, the customers who got shunted to voice mail while I was on the phone with her won't be too upset about having to wait.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

that's scary; i'm challenged, but not THAT challenged...methinks she's just a bit too stupid for said technology.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Maybe she just wanted to make sure that the pop-ups were OK to click on.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Man, I get that with the Kiosk at my lab all the time. And the worst part is, once you do something for them once, they suddenly become incapable of doing the rest on their own.

It's the weirdest thing. They'll be doing fine. Then they'll have some kind of a problem, so I go over there and show them how to do it, and the next thing I hear is, "What do I do now?"

You finish your freaking order! Dur! You were doing a pretty good job of it up until I came over!
        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

POTENTIAL ALTERNATE ENDING......

Caller: Ok, now there's two buttons next to each other that say "Activate" and "Cancel".

Dips: Click "Activate". If you click "Cancel" you'll have to start over at the beginning.

Caller: Ok, so I click "Cancel......"

Dips: No, no! "Activate" not "Cancel"!!

Caller: OOOOOPS!! I........

Dips: Oh the blinding LIGHT!! The searing PAIN!!

Caller:

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here...

I don't think she really needed that much help. I think she's a socially awkward goof who is unable to hold anyone's attention for more than five seconds, so she calls you- a CSR unable to blow her off because it's your "job" to help her, and she milks it for all it's worth and then some.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but that's my 2 cents.

Comment

Dips, I feel your pain! I don't mind helping people who aren't computer literate, but when they just DON'T LISTEN.... oy!
              I had one bright spark who plainly hadn't cleaned his ears for a while.
              Me: Ok sir, click on Next, and tell me what you see on the screen
              Customer:...... *crickets*
              Me: Sir? Did you click next?
              C: you want me to click next?
              Me: Yes please
              C:.....*Crickets*

Lather rinse repeat....
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
              X