This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I look like her doctor?

Now I work at ABC print shop (all names have been changed to protect the not so innocent), which as been making budget cuts and layoffs, all of which have left me a crew of eight, when we had a crew of thirty eight.

Needless to say we are stretched a little bit thin and jobs have to be taken days before they are due.

The only desktop publisher we had (well, official desktop publisher since most us of now have the experience but not the time, or after this customer, inclination to do that), called in sick.

SC: Sucky Customer
    Me: Me

Me: Good morning sir, how may I help you?
    SC: I need to talk to Petunia (Desktop Publisher)
    Me: She called in sick today, is there anything I can do to help you?
    SC: She told me she would be here. I expected you all to be more responsible. What does she have?
    Me: I don't know sir, she just called in sick.
    SC: Well you better have another desktop publisher.
    Me: She is scheduled to be here tomorrow, but I am not sure she will be feeling better. If you could give me your name and phone number I can have her call you.
    SC: No. I am going somewhere else. *Pauses to wait for me to beg him to stay*
    Me: Have a nice day.

Why do customers that behave badly always expect you to beg them to stay?

I've been pretty lucky. Most people are sympathetic when I tell them coworkers are down with the flu. Nasty thing going around.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth TheKit10666 View Post
      SC: No. I am going somewhere else. *Pauses to wait for me to beg him to stay*
      Me: Have a nice day.

This is one of my favorite things to do. Few things make me as happy as saying "OK" when someone says they'll take their business elsewhere. It's even more fun when they suddenly still want to order, and I tell them we'll have to start all over since I just cleared the order form my screen.

Comment

I love how he tried the "I'll take my business elsewhere" card.

If you guys are stretched so thin that you can barely keep up, you're certainly not going to waste time begging a jerk like him to say with you.

Let the competition deal with his high-maintenance ass; it leaves more time for you to give your good customers better service.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

SC: No. I am going somewhere else.
          ...promise? are you going to stay there?
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

The only thing I can guess to answer this is that they think their little dollar that they spend in your store affects your personal take home pay in some way.

I have wrestled with this question for years and it's the only explanation I can come up with.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              The only thing I can guess to answer this is that they think their little dollar that they spend in your store affects your personal take home pay in some way.

I have wrestled with this question for years and it's the only explanation I can come up with.
              Well, they do pay our salaries, you know...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

SC: What does she have?
                I'm not permitted to give out employees' medical information.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I don't know why but it's always good for a laugh. Sometimes they say it all angry, sometimes they say it in a whiny voice and peek at you from the corner of their eye. Hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                  X