This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You did *not* just do that.

My least favourite customers to help are teenage boys. They either never speak loud enough for me to hear the first time (I have to ask them to repeat themselves, sometimes twice.), or are too busy talking with their friends to pay attention to me (usually when there's a line.)

My last customers of the day were a group of 3 teenagers. Only two even ordered anything. First one actually spoke up and was no issue. The second one ordered, I needed to get him to speak up. I repeat the order to make sure I heard everything. He confirms. When he gave me the money (a bill and lots of coins- typical of a lot of teens) one of them bounced off the till. No big deal, it happens. So he gets his change and food and leaves.

He comes back:

"Uh... I wanted TWO donuts."
    "I'm sorry, I repeated everything back and I only have 1 punched in. No problem though, total is X"

When he's paying he THROWS the loonie at me. It bounces, hits the till and then the floor. I pick it up and look at him.

"That was incredibly rude. You *do not* throw money at people. Do not ever do it again."

I give him the donut, and his change.

I'm curious to know if he ever complains or not. I feel pretty damn good I showed that prick that *gasp* behind-the-counter people do have back bones.
    "Who in their right mind would commision a Sistine Chapel-style ceiling of pooping catgirls?"

"I dunno. Atheists, probably."

Good for you!

I doubt he complains. Little brat.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I would have thrown him his donut - see how he likes it!
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Yeah, it'd be pretty embarrassing for him to complain. "Dear corporate, I acted like a jerk to the cashier, and when I threw my money at her she had the NERVE to tell me how to behave like an adult and not a whiny spoiled brat with no manners."
        !
        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Oh, he'll complain to his parents who will come-in ranting and raving about respecting their darling spawn. Gag!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

What I find interesting is that teenage boys in a group act like, well..teenage boys. They're loud, rowdy and can quite rude. If they come through my line by themselves, they're usually very polite. Teenage girls on the other hand....oy.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              What I find interesting is that teenage boys in a group act like, well..teenage boys. They're loud, rowdy and can quite rude. If they come through my line by themselves, they're usually very polite. Teenage girls on the other hand....oy.
              It's not always teenage boys though. We have a customer at our store who will come in and be loud and obnoxious when there are other men in the store, trying to establish himself as the "alpha male", I guess, but if it's just me and my CW, R, he is polite and soft spoken.

Comment

I got that sort of thing in high school.

I was the class outcast, so it wasn't "cool" to talk to me, so the only people who did were the people who were cool because they were and not because they wanted to be, and other fellow outcasts. And there were several guys who were totally fine with being friendly so long as none of their friends were around to see them.

The girls, on the other hand, were almost always bitchy.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I do believes girls do the "alpha" thing as well.

Pay close attention next time you see a group of girls. There is one girl that always walks in front of the rest, like a Regina George type.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh, yeah, girls do alpha just as much as guys do.

It's just that guys are willing to stop with the macho dominance crap when they're not with the herd while girls seem to live their heirarchy full time.

Oh, and you can always tell which of the girls is insecure, too, 'cause her bestest friend ever will always have some notable flaw in her appearance.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X