X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sucky Friend of a Friend

A couple of stories, at last!

Correct My Friends Mistake!

I was getting ready to start my shift in the kitchen. I was stood in the glasswash room chatting to a supervisor when a customer came up to her.

SC: Excuse me?
    S: Yes sir, what can I do for you?
    SC: Umm...kind of awkward...my friend was buying the drinks, and he bought me the wrong one. I don't like this one.
    S: OK, what would you like instead?
    SC: Double vodka and orange...
    S: Sure.
    SC: ...and that's FREE right?
    S: Uh...I'm afraid not. It will have to be paid for.
    SC: What?!?! But it's not my fault my friend ordered the wrong drink!
    S: And it's not our fault either. So it will have to be paid for.
    SC: No, no, no. I should get a free drink for this inconvenience.
    S: We didn't cause the inconvenience sir.
    SC: Whatever happened to businesses giving great customer service? In this economy you should be!
    S: In this economy businesses need to make a profit. And giving free drinks away will not do that.
    SC: Well, I guess I'll just have to keep this drink then, because I'm not paying for another one!

He stormed off. Supervisor sighed a lot.

Friend of a Friend

It was dead in the kitchen all night. In the space of two hours I had two food orders, and they were both for staff going on their breaks. The manager let me finish early because there was absolutely no point in me being there.

Two of my best friends were in the pub, so I decided to stay and have a couple of drinks with them. As we were drinking, a random girl walked past and turned to my friend, who I will call Jane.

SC: Oh, hi Jane! How are you??
    Jane: Hi, yeah I'm fine thanks, are you having a good night?
    SC: Yeah! I'm just about to go order some snacks! But I can't find a menu anywhere.
    Jane: Haha! I think you're out of luck getting food tonight. The kitchen is closed for the night.
    SC: How do you know that??
    Jane: Because I am sat with the cook! This is my friend customersruinmylife, he works here.

The SC did not even look at me.

SC: Well, I guess customersruinmylife is going to have to get back in there and make my food.

She was deadly serious. She walked away. A couple of minutes later, I spotted her holding a menu. It must have been one that was missed by the floor staff when they collected them in. She walked back over, with a huge smart arsed grin on her face.

SC: I'm going to get some nachos and a dessert!

The SC went up to the bar, clutching the menu, and of course, was told the kitchen was closed by the barstaff. She stormed back to her table, slammed the menu down and shot me dirty looks several times. I turned to Jane.

Me: You're friend is weird.
    Jane: She's not my friend. I can't stand her!

Why do they do that? If told the kitchen is closed, common sense would tell you-

Oh, that's right. Common sense. Answered my own question.

Comment

If you were in many of the restaurants I frequent, the management would have found a way to do what the customer wanted, even if it meant losing money and/or trying to do the impossible. I knew there was a reason I liked your pub. And keep those stories coming, we love being entertained!
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth mamawork View Post
        Why do they do that? If told the kitchen is closed, common sense would tell you-

That's okay. Here, have a pumpkin spice brownie with chocolate sauce. I baked today.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mamawork View Post

*points to his signature*
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X