This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is your store - not mine.

You'd think that people who work in retail would have some iota of sense when it comes to dealing with other people who work in retail. But I sure as hell met one guy today who didn't. I walked into his store to pick something up, on my day off and not in uniform, and he started asking me questions about the electronics stuff the store I worked at sells. I had to bite my tongue not to tell him where to shove it.

I mean, I know my colleagues have had this crap before in other stores - one girl got quizzed on the bus, just because someone could see her uniform sticking out. But to have some jackass pull this crap while you're in his own store? The mind boggles.
    Reviews of games, movies and more at The Review Bucket

That happened to me twice. Once, this one guy ordered something, and when I walked into his store, he wanted to know if it came in, and about how much it will be.

Another time, I was in Best Buy, and the employee was asking if his other Bleach DVD came in. He bought one from us, but it was cracked, and we ordered him another, and I said that it was. But no one ever quizzing me on the stuff
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Urgh try being on a bus or train after work in uniform...oh the random idiot questions...
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I got that once waiting at the train station. A woman wanted to know about our DVD transfer service, specifically can we transfer stuff on CD to a DVD. Interestingly enough, we don't do that yet. We can only transfer stuff on analog media (VHS, film, Mini-DV, photos, etc.).

I didn't mind it so much because at least she was being polite about it. Also 'cause she was getting information, not bringing customer-service-counter grief at me. And just by coincidence, the first phone call I was planning on making that day was to our DVD transfer service provider to double-check on when CD and digital media (SD, XD, etc.) transfers would be available.
        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
        X