Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey! That's not the one I brought up! (Yes it IS!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! That's not the one I brought up! (Yes it IS!)

THIS guy was a true SC if there ever was one.

This happened very early this morning, when I was the only cashier working. A guy comes up with several items. One was a small pack of multi-color expandable hanging file folders, which rang up at $7.99

SC: Wait, what did the folders ring up at?

Me: Hmm *checks*........$7.99

SC: The sign says $6.99.

Me: OK, I'll have that checked for you.

Just at this moment, one of the office supply guys was coming back in from loading a desk into a customer's car. I called him over (being the only cashier I can't leave to do this myself) and ask him to do a price check for me. I handed him the pack of folders. He disappeared into the aisles and came back a minute later.

OS Guy: They're $7.99

SC: Not according to YOUR sign they aren't!!!!!

OSG: Well, these ones were $7.99. There was the same package, except in plain beige, that was $6.99. Maybe these were moved into that stack by mistake.

SC: What......hey, that's not what I brought up!!!!!! *points to the folders in OSG's hand* That's the wrong item!!!! That's not what I had the first time!

OSG *confused*: It's the item I was handed to check!

SC: No it isn't! You went back there and came back with the more expensive item!

Me: Sir.....*I rotate the register screen around so he can see it, then scan the folders in again* it's the same as the one I rang in the first time. See? Same price, same UPC.

SC: That can't be right. *OSG leaves because he is mad*

Me: Well, I can have him get the cheaper ones if you want

SC: No! Forget it! *walks right out the door, leaving his stuff on the counter*

This guy was a true A-hole, and a total flipping idiot to boot. HOW DARE YOU accuse us of trying to scam you like that! We would NEVER do that to ANYONE. OS Guy has been working there for half of forever. He knows what he is doing as is also one of the nicest guys there. He's the LAST person who would do that (not that any of us would). And oh, by the way, yes it IS what you brought up the first time!

I was more stunned than angry wehen it happened, since the accusation wasn't directed at me, but if I had the authority to do so, I would have told him not to come back again, ever.

What a jerk.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

something tells me this is an ego rant (not you, the customer); his little ego won't allow him to accept that he was wrong, so he unsuccessfully tries bluster to cover his blunder, rather than accept it for what it was, a simple mistake on his part.

paying attention is apparently too costly for this customer.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      SC: No! Forget it! *walks right out the door, leaving his stuff on the counter*

What a jerk.
      Yep. That guy was a jerk. If it's any comfort at all, though, leaving his stuff on the counter hurts him much more than you...

Even though it's no fun, you guys will at least get paid to put the stuff back on the shelves. He's going to have to do his shopping all over again and nobody is going to pay him a dime to do it.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Great story there. As I keep saying in other posts, when proof is shown to the customer the mistake they've made, ie they picked up the wrong item and you show them the correct one at that price, they still go to DEFCON 1 and open the missle silos.

Comment

It's so sad people can get so worked up over one single dollar.
          Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.

Comment

And...As if the employee gets ANY extra compensation for "ripping him off"...When will they learn that we...just....don't...care
            "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Working...
            X