This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the big deal???

We ran out of gift card envelopes tonight. We have more, I'm sure, but we weren't able to access them. Note: No gift card envelopes. We had a ton of cards.

O. M. G.

There were people who walked out, there was one lady who was wanting to return the gift card (which can't be done once activated) because of a precious piece of folded paper/skinny cardboard...

I just wanted to tell these people. "You know, I bought my parents a gift card for Christmas. Then I went to the card store, bought a lovely card and wrote some lovely things on the card before putting the gift card in this lovely card. Why is that so hard for YOU to do?"

Or, after a while I entertained this thought: "What, you don't have paper, scissors, and tape at home?"

Yeah, I know it's 3 days away now, and your lazy, procrastinating ass is rushing and we dont have X when we had it last week, and you're stressed... But, pick your damn battles! All you need is the gift CARD, not something that'll just get thrown in with the other garbage.

(Note: I'm aware there are some people who do keep the envelope. But really, it's useless.)
    "Who in their right mind would commision a Sistine Chapel-style ceiling of pooping catgirls?"

"I dunno. Atheists, probably."

I feel your pain. We ran out of gift card envelopes last week sometime. You'd think we kicked someone's puppy and were intentionally ruining their holiday. I just don't get it. I got my blacksmith a gift card and went out and bought him a card that I spent time on picking out just for him and put the gift card in the card. His Christmas wasn't ruined.

We do have these fancy schmancy gift card boxes we were trying to sell but couldn't do the franchise owner gave us permission to hand them out on our descretion. If someone is a regular customer of mine or asks politely and doesn't get all butthurt when I inform them that we are out of the crappy card holders I give them the really nice one. It pays to not be a jerk sometimes I guess.

Comment

We don't even HAVE gift card envelopes for ours.

Honestly people, it's not gonna get any less classy if the envelope is non-existent.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm with fireheart on this one. We sell mini gift bags small enough to fit a gift card, as well as miniature boxes. If people don't buy a box, they can buy a bag. It doesn't matter in the end.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I bought a 3-pack of those little gift card bags for less than a dollar. They're definitely more festive anyway.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

One of my customers gave me a gift card in this really cool home-made knited card holder. I still have that somewhere.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I've got about a dozen of those mini gift bags that I can reuse for just that occasion. Last year I bought holiday Chinese take-out boxes and filled them with Easter grass for the cards, and those were an even bigger hit than the envelopes or bags.

Comment

Our gift card envelopes don't even fit the gift cards! You put the card all the way in, there's 1/8" of card sticking out over the fold. I have no idea why this is, but that's the way the store does it. And the customers still want the envelope (presumably to keep the card clean).
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Gift boxes and bags miss the point... you have to pay for those! {whine/snivel/bitch/complain}
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

We've never had card envelopes at the c-store, but we do have a couple of tin type boxes for our cards. Could be worse, though. As I said in the thread I just posted, we ran out of $10 gift cards. You'd think people would go out a bit earlier to get these things, but nooo...I swear, I hate people sometimes. No one here, of course. Just the ones that (dis)grace me with their presence at work. Edited to add: I actually wrapped the gift cards I bought for various family members this year. That way, they still "have something to open".
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                      One of my customers gave me a gift card in this really cool home-made knited card holder. I still have that somewhere.
                      I've got one like that. I love that little thing, made it into a ornament.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Our gift card envelopes don't even fit the gift cards! You put the card all the way in, there's 1/8" of card sticking out over the fold. I have no idea why this is, but that's the way the store does it. And the customers still want the envelope (presumably to keep the card clean).
                        I was going to type the samething (I work at the same place you do )

The darn card doesn't even fit in it. One guest wanted a new envelope because he didn't like how his handwritting looked on it and wanted his wife to write on it. WTH people... we don't get a lot of these lame envelopes either. ARGH and NO you can NOT use a coupon to purchase a gift card.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          I've got one like that. I love that little thing, made it into a ornament.
                          Total knitting dork - just went and found a pattern to use for next year!

Luckily, plenty of envelopes/holders at my retail job. It's the rest of the year that we don't have them.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                            Total knitting dork - just went and found a pattern to use for next year!

Luckily, plenty of envelopes/holders at my retail job. It's the rest of the year that we don't have them.
                            I used to do counted cross stitch envelopes in patterns for whatever holiday the gift card was for, or with inside jokes between the friend and i.

I should make a bunch up and sell them on etsy, shouldnt i? that could be a way i could make some money sitting here in ber!
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I didnt realise this gift card thing was universal - I used to get moaned at all the time when I worked in the card shop - on one hand I do not see how its possible for us to be left with gift cards and no envelopes to put them in but the amount of bitching I got for it was just not in proportion...

We sold gift cards for like 25p. Without envelopes people wanted them for free!! In the end I got so annoyed I said to everyone who complained "cmon now, its 25p, I'm sure theyll still like your gift."

Jeez its only a gift card.. cheapskate moaners..

Comment

Working...
                              X