Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New technologies and services...don't bother if you don't know what you're doing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New technologies and services...don't bother if you don't know what you're doing!

Please, oh, please! Why do customers of today have to mess up the newest technologies for everyone else? A while back when I was at the local K-Mart (yes, we still have a few in the area!), this man of about 80 or so was making a purchase using his credit card. He swiped the card into the keypad, not once, not twice, not thrice (lol) but a total of four times. He did this because the register was taking too long to approve his transaction. Because of this, he locked up the computer, causing a back up of people behind him in line.

My favorites are the ones who have automatic bill pay on their phone or any other utility service. Many can sign up on-line themselves these days, and in the earlier days of when this began, customers had to fill out a form, then return it. When you do this, you have to put in your account number and the routing number of your checking account. We used to get those people all the time who typed in these numbers, but put them in wrong. Much of the time, it was because they transposed a number somewhere in between or at the end. Then later on, these people would actually call upset that (1) their service was shut off for a returned payment, (2) their bank billed them $29 for the returned payment (3) they had to pay a returned payment fee of $20, and (4) they had to also pay a $23 fee to turn their service back on. Meanwhile, this was not their fault, but someone else's! "How could you people have allowed that to go in if the account number was not right?" This is not always the case. Once I had a customer whose account number was close to someone else's, and he put it in with this man's number. He didn't have the funds, plus the two did battle with each other over the returned check charges. What a headache. The calls from hell would pour in on these things, and customers would demand not only we wipe off those fees but also credit their account what their bank charged for the overdrawn funds!

ATM's are also another thing some people should not be allowed to use. Just go into the friggin' bank! A while back, I was in back of this lady who was issued a temporary paper card that was needed to make transactions "inside the bank", and she could use this until her actual ATM card was mailed to her. So, after this thorough explanation, what did this woman do? She stuck her paper card in the slot of the ATM and jammed it up. So, the rest of us smart folks who know how to use ATM's either have to go inside the bank, or find another ATM.

Technology is great, but if you're someone from the olden days of primitive technology and prefer it, please don't make any attempts at the new stuff! PLEASE!
    Last edited by greensinestro; 01-24-2007, 08:23 PM.
Working...
X