This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not worth that much...

So believe it or not, I had my first SC at work today.

I don't know if it was the lady I served or not, although I do have a gut feeling it was. (If someone was pulling the old switcheroo, who the heck leaves it behind? )

When I served her, I noticed that one of the meat barcodes was VERY low. Went to get a sup to override the system, when I noticed that the label said something other than meat. Upon pointing it out to her and explaining that she cannot get it at that price, she left sans meat. (The barcode was stuck right over the original barcode....definitely not an error by the butchers as I didn't see any more after that, and it didn't fall off of anything...)

The odd part was that she stopped by the smoke counter for cigarettes, but refused to buy an $8 leg of lamb.

And a few rants...

-What is it with all of the sexist jokes against men? I'm female and I'm STILL offended by the number of people who claim that a "man did it" whenever something goes wrong or a design is done awkwardly.

-The next person who whinges about their bags will get a salmon slap. We did not choose it, the government chose to ban the bags, my checkout is MEANT to be politics free.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Good catch on the swapped barcode.

She didn't want the lamb at full price, she wanted to steal part of it.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

In regards to the sexist jokes, as a man, I have some men make comments to me about women. I guess they think I'll agree or laugh with them about it. I don't bother acknowledging it as I don't appreciate such comments against women. I especially hate it when other guys look at women and comment to me on their looks or what they'd like to do with her. I look, admire, and appreciate when I see a beautiful woman, too, but I at least show her enough respect to not be creepy about it. I also don't like it when the comments are at the other end of the spectrum making fun of the unattractive women. I might think "ew, yuck" to myself, but I certainly don't voice it.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
      X