Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe we SHOULD make exceptions for birth control!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we SHOULD make exceptions for birth control!

...because stupid people shouldn't breed, EVER!

Most of our prescription drug plans have a two fill limit at retail, after that, you have to use the mail order service. SC's KNOW THIS, they are told it over and over again, yet it never fails, someone, somewhere tries to get us to "make an exception" for them. (Sorry, no can do, your employer makes these rules, we just enforce them. Only an account manager can make an exception, and she usually laughs when you ask) I'm thinking we should maybe be a little more flexible because there are some scary stupid people out there who should be on mandatory birth control. Here are just a couple of fun examples.

1. "If my 14 year old daughter gets pregnant, I'll sue!"
    Yes, a woman actually threatened to sue if her 14 year old daughter got pregnant because her birth control pills couldn't be filled at retail anymore. So very, very wrong for so many reasons...

2. "Because you're an ADULT, that's why!"
    I still want to beat this woman. A lady called because her prescription for bc had been denied at the pharmacy due to the two fill limit. I explain the two fill rule to her, and she demands an exception Now keep in mind, this woman is 35, with a child.

Moron: Well, how was I supposed to know that this was my second fill? I need my birth control pills!

Me: Well, ma'am you can always pay full price for them at the pharmacy, but from now on if you want them to be covered under your insurance, you'll have to use the mail order system.

Moron: But I didn't know! (yeah right) What am I supposed to do in the mean time? (PAY FOR IT LIKE I JUST SAID, DUMMY)

Me: Ma'am, again, you'll have to pay for it out of pocket. We can not make exceptions to the annual fill limit!

Moron: NO ONE told me this! Why should I have to keep track of my own medications?

BECAUSE YOU'RE A GROWN EFFING WOMAN, THAT'S WHY!
    I actually put it a little more nicely when I answered her.

Me: I'm sorry, but that is your responsibility. You can always go to our website or call us back if you have questions.

Moron: *click*

And she had a kid, too! Poor thing. I hope she just paid for her pills, that lady has no business raising a gerbil, much less another child because she was lazy/ignorant/irresponsible.

I always wondered about those people when I got that rejection from insurance. Did you not KNOW what you were signing up for, or did you think that you weren't gonna get caught?

I just give them the phone number to the mail service and call it good.

Comment

Quoth Azalea View Post
      ...Moron: But I didn't know! (yeah right) What am I supposed to do in the mean time?...
      "Actually Ma'am it's what you shouldn't do in the mean time."
      Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Quoth Azalea View Post
        Moron: But I didn't know! (yeah right) What am I supposed to do in the mean time?
        Honestly? For the short time until you get the new supply from the pharmacy or mail in service, my suggestion would be:

Try keepin' your freakin' legs closed!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Moron: But I didn't know! (yeah right) What am I supposed to do in the mean time?
          "Not [censored]" is the first thing that comes to mind.

Alex
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Honestly? For the short time until you get the new supply from the pharmacy or mail in service, my suggestion would be:

Try keepin' your freakin' legs closed!
            Well, to be fair, she might not be using birth control to prevent pregnancy. It does have other practical uses.

Comment

Quoth Azalea View Post
              1. "If my 14 year old daughter gets pregnant, I'll sue!"
              Yes, a woman actually threatened to sue if her 14 year old daughter got pregnant because her birth control pills couldn't be filled at retail anymore. So very, very wrong for so many reasons...

It would never occur to her to tell her daughter to not have sex? Use condoms? Not have sex? Sue the guy who DOES get her pregnant?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Why should I have to keep track of my own medications?"

Wow. I'd have given this one the refill for free just so she'd have less chance of passing on any more of her DNA.
                "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Why should I have to keep track of my own medications?
                  Yeah, why should you? Take 'em all at the same time, preferably with a nice stiff drink.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I must be a real weirdo, since I keep track of my medications and if I do run out I call the doctor, who calls them in for me right away.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I could never work in a pharmacy. I'd be too tempted to slip birth control pills into people's other medications just as a public service.
                      Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

And actually, what is so bad about the mail order service? I LOVED it when my BC was covered under my dad's insurance. You got three packs in the mail for the price of less than 1 pack- and they were always delivered days before you were going to run out! What a lot less hassle than having to wait in line at the pharmacy...and they even went so far as to remind you when your last shipment came so that you had 3 months warning to make an appointment with your doctor...

And yea, BC is for more than just, BC. It alleviates cramps, PMS symptoms, reduces your risk of cancer, clears your skin, regulates your cycle...lots of stuff. I wouldn't want to go off it and deal with all that crap again...so I don't blame the women for not wanting to skip a month...but then, don't be goddamn stupid...
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I appreciate that birth control pills can be used for other things. I've mentioned in another post that I WOULDN'T have gotten cancer if my doctor had put me on them (A LOOOOOOONG story). But no matter what it was for, ESPECIALLY if it was for something else, why the hell wouldn't you want to keep better track of it?

Comment

Besides the obvious fact that mom pretty much confirmed that the kid wasn't using for anything other than prevention of pregnancy.

Condoms are on aisle 3 ma'am, and Plan B is now available OTC. Failing that, might I suggest an Everlast chastity belt?

Comment

I was referring more to the 35 year old who needed her pills...who is a complete moron for not keeping track of her meds, no matter what the reason is that she needs it for...

As for the 14 year old...just freakin' WOW. No 14 year old should NEED birth control. Teach your teenagers some self control- not to mention that this kid shouldn't think she doesn't need condoms...there's a whole lot of diseases running around out there...
                              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                              X