This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't scrape that off!

This is apparently one of the more famous stories around my workplace. It happened a few months ago.
    I was kneeling on the group stocking some vitamins. When I'm kneeling and leaning over, my uniform vest rides up and you can see the tattoo on my lower back.
    So, there I was leaning down when I felt this scrape on my back. This lady was behind me, scraping her nails across my tattoo! I bolted upright.
    "Excuse me, why did you just run your nails down my back?"
    "I wanted to see if I could scrape it off."
    Silly me, of course that's what she was doing!
    Why would you try to scrape off someone's tattoo, even if it was fake?!?!?!
    Sometimes I weep for humanity.

dear god, i think i would have smacked the bitch. what makes them think that testing out some 'personal theory of x' makes it ok to actually touch us?
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

That's a big one for me...I don't have many visible tattoos, but they do show from time to time...I get very angry when complete strangers come up and touch them (or me in general) without even saying something though...
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Definitely. I have no problem with people I know touching it. It feels cool because it's slightly raised, so I can understand why people want to touch tattoos. But don't touch a stranger's back, and definitely don't try to scrape it off.

Comment

I think less than a day after I got my lower back tattoo some idiot at the bar reached over and pressed her fingers against it. I was so furious and asked them why they did that. She said "It looked new and I wanted to see if it still hurt"
          My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

When I get a tattoo, and someone touches it, something will happen
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
              When I get a tattoo, and someone touches it, something will happen
              Just remember to hide the body

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                She said "It looked new and I wanted to see if it still hurt"
                *PUNCH*
                Did that hurt? Cause I sure didn't feel anything.

/Yea, I know you can't do that.
                "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                  Just remember to hide the body
                  Well it would be on one of my fingers and arm
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                    Well it would be on one of my fingers and arm
                    I should elaborate ;p

"When I get a tattoo, and someone touches it, something will happen"

"Make sure to hide the body" ;p

Comment

scraping it off..

What I would do if they try to do is club them like a baby seal.

"Does this come off?"

*scrape*

*bam bam bam*

"No, does that hurt?"

Probably wanted to impose that your tattoo "offended their beliefs". Idiots.
                      I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Me, I'd wait for Tattoo-Scratcher Woman to get a nice sunburn on her shoulders and back, and then greet her with a hearty "How's my best buddy in the world!" and a SLAP!

One time I had an awful sunburn (peeling and everything, yuck) and one of my coworkers decided to slap me on the back for some reason. I could've cold-cocked for that. That hurt. A lot.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Although I am no longer surprised by most things posted on this site anymore (how's that for loss of hope for humanity), I have to admit that my eyebrows shot right up when I finished reading that post. I am actually at a loss for words....
                          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Apparently one lady did complain to my manager once about how my tattoo was offensive. It's a Celtic knotted shamrock. That's apparently offensive, but I'm not quite sure how. Is she prejudiced against Irish people?

Comment

Omg, even my 6 year old knows he has to ask even ME to touch mine! And he's my son!

Comment

Working...
                              X