This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe you need to respect that I'm following policy

I had this couple in my line with a few items, maybe around $40. One was tagged $1.48 clearance but came up at $2.48 & the woman caught it. Now, I've been called into the office by LP for changing the price on a clearance mis-tag, and recently asked about a raincheck (did nothing wrong; they just monitor stuff). Those are 2 reasons for me to have checked the item #s on the tags, plus, if the girls who price clearance make a mistake, it's good to have info to correct it. That said, my immediate response was to check #s. I explained that it was, in fact, $2.48, as per the system; the top sticker was misplaced. I've run into this before and most people understand and either pay the right price or don't take the item. Most say, "I understand." Not this one. "It's tagged at $1.48 and I'd appreciate you respecting that price." Now that sounds respectful enough, but her tone said, "You will do what I say." That ticked me royally, but I changed the price because otherwise I was gonnna say something I'd regret.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 01-16-2010, 03:51 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I don't know what the laws in your neck of the woods but the law around here states that the store has to charge what it is tagged (but I think there might be a reasonable person standard on the price...i.e., Best Buy doesn't have to sell a 50" TV marked 49.99). And also, per that law it is better for the person to go up to the service desk because they get the difference plus up to $5.

Comment

It was tagged at $4.98. It was item #blah blah, which number was printed on the tag above $4.98. It came up at $2.48. The $1.48 tag had some other item #. A quick scan of the item at hand revealed the item #.

Anyway, none of it matters; supervisor would have okayed it. The point of my post is that she got an attitude at me for stating the facts. I hadn't even said I wasn't going to give it to her before she pulled rank on me. Excuse me lady, legally I don't have to serve you at all.

Comment

Better than decent chance the SC mislabeled it herself. It's a common enough means of theft.

Although risking getting cuaght for less than 2 dollars seems pretty stupid.

Maybe she does it for the thrill?
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
          I don't know what the laws in your neck of the woods but the law around here states that the store has to charge what it is tagged
          unless you can find said "law" it is more than likely a store policy and not an actual law-I have never heard of any kind of "mis-pricing law" anywhere.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
            unless you can find said "law" it is more than likely a store policy and not an actual law-I have never heard of any kind of "mis-pricing law" anywhere.
            It is in our state. If something is advertise at 2 dollars, and when its scanned it rings up 4 dollars, that we are having false advertisment. You can't charge higher then what is marked. It is the store's fault for mismarking something, not the customers.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              It is in our state. If something is advertise at 2 dollars, and when its scanned it rings up 4 dollars, that we are having false advertisment. You can't charge higher then what is marked. It is the store's fault for mismarking something, not the customers.
              I think it was really a mistake on our part. The 2 item numbers corresponded to two like-branded products. But I've had someone put a $6.98 tag on a 20 dollar item. Stupidly, I marked it down and got in trouble. I guess if I were in Oregon people could switch tags all they wanted and rip us off.

Comment

Thankfully all our tags are also labled with the name, brand, size, weight too. its rather hard to rip most places off.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

mikoyan29's state has some pretty wonky laws regarding pricing. One of them, I believe, is that every individual item has to have its own price tag.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if SC herself switched tags. Happens quite often, I'm sorry to say. I had a woman before Halloween that was upset because I wouldn't honor the clearance price on a Halloween shirt. Keep in mind that the Halloween stuff was just put out and Halloween was weeks away. It didn't matter that WE didn't put the tag there and WE didn't put the shirt there, which meant WE wouldn't honor it.

Parting words were "Wegman's would do it". I politely responded that our store followed different policies than Wegmans. Now Wegmans is a grocery store, although they do sell some odds and ends. Doesn't matter, though. If Wegmans does honor all incorrect and fraudulently placed pricing (which I doubt), they're losing lots of money to thieves.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Here's Michigan's LINK

Comment

I'm not sure if it was store policy or some sort of law, but we got screwed big time when my one idiot coworker put up a bunch of sale signs on the wrong items. This one guy got a whole cartful of expensive plywood for next to nothing because of that.

And for some reason, they didn't fire the idiot who did it.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Nope...an actual law...

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-...4114--,00.html

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                            ARGH! That explains it! On a recent trip to MI, I found myself wondering why every item in the grocery store had one of those old fashioned little price stickers on them! Now I know!
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Wow, tagging every single item in the store must use up a lot of resources, both in paper, ink, and energo to print them and manhours sticking them to the incoming product.

Around here we just have shelf tags, and those work just fine.

Someone on some other forum was whining about how they couldn't keep track of how much they were spending unless every item had it's own price tag, and I'm just wondering how stupid/lazy you have to be to not decide to just take a pen & notebook and write it all down as you shopped.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X