This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Talon View Post
    You could have asked her if she wanted your wedding ring as well... then again bad idea

What is it with your cuss-tomers???
    Considering this post, I'd say yes, that would definitely be a bad idea.

As I was searching for that thread, I discovered it was posted by the same person as this one. What is it with your customers wanting your personal belongings for themselves?

I also love how she asked again after being told "no" the first few times. I expect that from small children, not adults. But then, some of our customers can be quite childish.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I use a BIC Atlantis, and I have been known to threaten grown men with keyboards to get them back
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post

As I was searching for that thread, I discovered it was posted by the same person as this one. What is it with your customers wanting your personal belongings for themselves?
        That's exactly what I was thinking Mike, just too lazy to repost the old thread.
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          I forgot about that thread. After re-reading it, I would like to offer my nuggets of wisdom on the whole thing, and this really applies to this post as well, not to mention parenting in general.

Had the wedding ring incident occurred with me when I was a kid, and I had acted like that kid, here is how it would have gone down:

SHELLY: Sweetie that's my wedding ring and I'd like to have it back
          YOUNG JESTER: Waaaaaahhhhhh I want it
          SHELLY: No you can't keep it because it belongs to me
          YOUNG JESTER: Waaaaaaahhhhhhh I found it.
          JESTER'S MOM: Jester, give the nice lady her ring back.
          YOUNG JESTER: But Moooom, I waaant it.
          JESTER'S MOM: Jester, if you don't give that ring back to that woman right this instant, you are going to have to deal with your father later.
          YOUNG JESTER:
          JESTER'S MOM: Jester.....
          YOUNG JESTER: Here you go, lady.
          JESTER'S MOM: Now, what do you say to the nice lady?
          YOUNG JESTER: Sorry.
          JESTER'S MOM: Excuse me?
          YOUNG JESTER: I'm sorry, ma'am, for not giving you your ring back.
          JESTER'S MOM: That's better.

Or better yet, if it had been my FATHER:

SHELLY: Sweetie that's my wedding ring and I'd like to have it back
          YOUNG JESTER: Waaaaaahhhhhh I want it
          SHELLY: No you can't keep it because it belongs to me
          YOUNG JESTER: Waaaaaaahhhhhhh I found it.
          JESTER'S DAD: JESTER!!!
          YOUNG JESTER: But daaaadd....
          JESTER'S DAD: YOU GIVE THAT RING BACK TO THAT WOMAN NOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PLANS OF LIVING TO SEE YOUR EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!!!
          YOUNG JESTER: (gives ring back)

But maybe that was just my parents.....you know, teaching that whole right and wrong, moral responsibility stuff.....

(Note: My dad was a truly great guy, but this is not an exaggeration of what his reaction would have been. Crossing him was NOT advisable. I partially inherited my temper from him. It takes a mountain of crap to truly make me angry, and most people have never seen me angry, but once there, I do go thermonuclear. Thanks dad! )
          Last edited by Jester; 12-14-2006, 05:25 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
            No one except our very brave photographer wants to borrow my pens. I'm a chewer. If the pen isn't in my hand writing, it's in my mouth. I know I look like a dog with a bone most of the time but that's the quickest way to keep a pen safe.
            Hehe I sometimes do that too. As a result, my pens are always on my desk when I need them
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I had one pen that I had for about 5 years prior, it was the perfect pen. It wrote good, I used it everyday, that I could, never ran out of ink. I got it from one of my ex -gfs parents as a present. Until one day, I let a customer use it to sign a CC receipt, I was helping another customer with a carry out, bad mistake on using my pen. The bitch said how nice it wrote, and everything, I told her no, when she asked to have it, that went on about 4-5 times. Then the manager called me over, and the damn customer left with my pen. Stupid manager and stupid me, for walking away from that pen. BTW, that pen was expensive
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                You could have asked her if she wanted your wedding ring as well... then again bad idea

What is it with your cuss-tomers???
                I think there was a story with a customer trying to walk off with a cashier's pen because her kid found it on this site.

Comment

Heh heh heh....we get a lot o' free pens from continuing education seminars and also from one of the weekend pharmacists, who used to be a drug rep from Pfizer. I also have a pocket full o' cheapie pens that actually are pretty nice to write with.

The pen for the drive-thru credit users is firmly attached to the clipboard we hand out w/ the reciept, so they can't walk off with that one, either.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    Wow, that's almost as bad as the one forum poster who had a co worker who blatantly stole things from thier desk and put them on her own because she "liked" them, including if I remember right, family photos.

I always assumed the concept of "not yours" was pretty easy to grasp
                    I believe it was this one: http://customerssuck.com/board/showp...56&postcount=1
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I used to hate that! So many people forget to put the pen back in a book when they're at a restaurant. I like to try and give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they put it in their pocket / purse / whatever out of habit, but really. Very few restaurants or bars provide pens for waitresses meaning that I had to spend MY tip money to get pens. So I was not happy when they were stolen.

Then I started buying bright pink pens that wrote in pink ink. Those weren't stolen as often (c:
                      "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Maybe a special "retail pen" should be invented, that either shrieks loudly when taken out of the door, or gives the pen thief an electric shock?

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          Maybe a special "retail pen" should be invented, that either shrieks loudly when taken out of the door, or gives the pen thief an electric shock?

Today's waiterrant deals with exactly that idea:

http://waiterrant.net/wordpress2/?p=396
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            I hear that at Everyplace Else, they don't mind it if you steal pens-assuming that they even ask you to sign the receipt...

Hey, why are you throwing things at me?!?
                            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                              Today's waiterrant deals with exactly that idea:

http://waiterrant.net/wordpress2/?p=396
                              Wagegoth, you beat me to it!

One way to help slow pen loss: use stick pens, but DO NOT PUT THE CAPS BACK ON THEM. Hide the caps elsewhere, or even throw them away. Pens without caps are much less likely to be pocketed "accidentally."
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

At the law office I used to work at, everyone kept stealing the pens that were kept in a cup near the receptionists desk. We got sick of having to search for a pen when there should have been some in the cup so one day one of the attorneys taped a plastic knife to the top of the pen because he figured that no one would want to take it. It solved our pen problems lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X