This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Perverts and Freakouts

(Off topic for a second: please send me good vibes? I might have carpal tunnel in BOTH my hands now rather than just the left. I need good thoughts so I don't have to go to surgery =/)

Pervert

Remember poor S who had the guy from my "How To Register As A Sex Offender Thread"? She always seems to attract the worse perverts. S has several gauges in her ears, an eyebrow piercing and a large tattoo-nothing too out there. Tonight some guy asked her point blank if she had her titties and la___ pierced.

S: " No."

Perv: "Yeah right, heheh." *shuffle off*

I told S that if that ever happens she should use the question I learned from one of Indiebride's many Snappy Comebacks to Stupid Questions threads: Blink gently, smile and ask with all innocence, "Why do you want to know?" And keep smiling innocently. It turns the onus on them and more often than not they feel like an ass.

Freakout

Old Lady comes up to me after making a purchase and asks me to call her a cab. She gives me the number. I call it and it's for a construction company. She gets mad and gives me another number. It's for some guy named "Arthur".

"OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS?!?" she yells. (0 to bitch in .2 seconds!)

S comes to the rescue and gives me her cab number to dial. I call the cab and all is right with the world.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

~blink blink~ To the first one. And might I mention, you can only embarrass someone if they aren't already a complete ass.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
      I told S that if that ever happens she should use the question I learned from one of Indiebride's many Snappy Comebacks to Stupid Questions threads: Blink gently, smile and ask with all innocence, "Why do you want to know?" And keep smiling innocently. It turns the onus on them and more often than not they feel like an ass.
      See... the problem with that... is if I were to ask a question like that, and I got that kind of response - I'd flirt more. Who knows, maybe I'm just not quite normal myself.
      Last edited by Ree; 02-06-2010, 11:10 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote

Comment

Sorry to hear your arms are bothering you. However, wanted to let you know that the surgery is no biggie. I had it done a few years ago. They do one arm at a time w/ about a month in between. My scars are both about an inch long. They don't put you under, just give you something that relaxes you and numb your arm. I went out and ate breakfast at IHOP after both surgeries. And my arms are BETTER than ever!
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Thank you, 42, it makes me feel a little bit better. Problem is is that we don't have the millions it takes for said surgery. =/ And I'd be paying for it with the already miniscule salary I get. So.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth godaistudios View Post
            See... the problem with that... is if I were to ask a question like that, and I got that kind of response - I'd flirt more. Who knows, maybe I'm just not quite normal myself.
            And why wouldn't you? She was not so offended she didn't answer, so what the hey.

This girl attracts perverts because she submits meekly to them and makes a good victim. She felt compelled to not only answer, but answer politely.

Some people make better victims than others. Perverts know this.

Comment

Quoth godaistudios View Post
              That why I would suggest similar answer, only different actions - she should look totally astonished, eyes wide, shocked appearance, and say "why on EARTH would you want to know something like that?". Might work a bit better. Unfortunately the really best responses would probably be frowned upon by management if given to a customer, even one as rude and crude as that one.

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                That why I would suggest similar answer, only different actions - she should look totally astonished, eyes wide, shocked appearance, and say "why on EARTH would you want to know something like that?".
                The downside of that one is that it then gives the idea that the guy harassing her has managed to shock her, which is what some of those jerks are going for. There's some times when yours would work better, some times when it would just reward him for asking.

Comment

If I were your coworker, I'd try to ignore the question. The "Why would you want to know" seems like it could encourage some people. I used to be polite to perverts, and then I started dealing with several of them every day. The best response was to ignore them and get them on their way. That shut most of them up. If that didn't work, I would threaten to tell their boss (which was an automatic firing, since they were temp workers). A few weeks of that and I stopped having so many damn perverts.

Comment

"That would be none of your business, and 5 dollars and 63 cents, thank you sir would you like a bag on that? Have a nice day."
                    Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
                    Me:

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                      S: " No."

Perv: "Yeah right, heheh." *shuffle off*
                      Just off the top of my head, I would have offered to pierce the guy's tongue. With a samurai sword.

Quoth ralerin View Post
                      Old Lady comes up to me after making a purchase and asks me to call her a cab. She gives me the number. I call it and it's for a construction company. She gets mad and gives me another number. It's for some guy named "Arthur".

"OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS?!?" she yells. (0 to bitch in .2 seconds!)

S comes to the rescue and gives me her cab number to dial. I call the cab and all is right with the world.

If S hadn't come to the rescue, I'm sure the old lady would have come up with some reason that it was your fault she gave you the wrong numbers. After all - an SC can never admit when they're wrong. Even if you have crystal clear proof of their wrongnitude.

"Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy: I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum!
                      It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!"
                      Last edited by An Haddock; 02-04-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                        "Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy: I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum!
                        It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!"
                        They stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks?!
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                          Pervert

Remember poor S who had the guy from my "How To Register As A Sex Offender Thread"? She always seems to attract the worse perverts. S has several gauges in her ears, an eyebrow piercing and a large tattoo-nothing too out there. Tonight some guy asked her point blank if she had her titties and la___ pierced.
                          Why, do you want to compare?
                          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                          X