This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Customer Kept Me From Serving In Store Customers

Yesterday, a customer called about some soup. I had to put him on hold a couple times since I had customers in the store that needed to be served. One time, when I picked up, the customer lectured me about putting him on hold and told me not to run away. Meanwhile, because of him, I had to stop serving my current customer in the store since the phone customer wanted my full attention. He wanted a certain soup and wanted to make sure we had it before he drove over. I checked and we didn't have it so I let him know.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Ugh. I hate the "hold my hand!!!11!!" SC's. They always suck up your time like a leech to blood and don't give a rat's ass how it affects you, let alone the other customers you have to serve too.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

And this is why I give outside calls the absolute lowest priority. If I'm not busy with anybody at the time you happen to call in, I'll get to you right away.

But if I'm the only person on the floor (which has been happening a lot lately), and I got carryouts and other people requiring my attention, guess what? You're going to be waiting a while. Because the people in the store have either bought things or are in the process of buying things. You, however, might be trying to get out of even coming in to the store.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"No sir, I'm sorry we don't have it. Now if you'll exuse me I have a line full of actual customers."
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

"If we don't have the soup, will you drive here and buy something from us anyway?"

Of course they won't. They're NOT your customer unless they actually shop in your store! YOU were the one shopping, by looking for his stuff for him.
          Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Potential me: *Picks up the phone* "Hi! How are you?"

Potential SC: "I was looking for a soup that you might carry."

Potential me: "I don't actually work here. I just like picking up the phone and greeting people." *click*

Potential SC: "..."

You wouldn't believe me if I told you it was a true story. So I won't.
            SC: "Are you new or something?"
            Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

If it looks like it's gonna be a long wait for the phone customer, I ask if I can take their number and call them back. 'Cuz the in-store customers always take precidence.
              I no longer fear HELL.
              I work in RETAIL.

Comment

At the bookstore we get the single title folks.

Me: Thanks for calling (bookstore) how can I help you?

Sc: I need (title) can you check if you have?

Me: Sure! Can you hold please?

*go find item and return*

Me: I found it would you like me to hold it at customer service?

Sc: Yes please can you look up this (title) to?

Me: /facepalm

This one lady did this 3 times in one call before I finally forced her to give me the 6 book list she was looking for.

Comment

Working...
                X